Opencore Legacy Patcher for NVDA Kepler GPU (GTX 760) in Monterey

ltooz_audis

4 posts in this topic

Since my r9 280 keeps freezing playing Heaven Bench Mark even with medium setting. I decided to patch my GTX 760, I tried Geforce-Kepler-Patcher but I got kernel panic and I had to reinstalled the OS twice. I tried the Opencore Patcher 4.5 and it worked flawlessly. Now I can use GTX 760 with my Broadwell-E i7-6900k and GA-X99 UD5 without freezing even with high setting on Heaven.

- Need to boot with Csrutil setting at FE0F0000 to disable csrutil and csrutil authenticated-root.

- Need to disable gate keeper: sudo spctl --assess --master-disable

- Leave Device properties empty, don't add the card there or you'll have AppleKeyStore error forever. No spoofing of any kind.

- Reboot and opencore patcher will automatically popup to patch.

-Reboot and full QE/CI.

Cheers,

Louis

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

How can you get the post install option enable in open core packager. each time I tried its always disabled. Also The Chris1111 Kepler patcher is not working on Monterey 12.5 RC. Is there any way get over it. Also I am facing a weird issue. Whenever there is power failure and computer restarts for 3 to 4 times. the Monterey OS refuses to reboot I am left in the limbo. I have to reinstall the whole MacOS again from scratch its pain staking. 

Edited by $tealth

I heard 12.5 doesn’t work. 12.4 works fine. Chris111 always KP, couldn’t use it. You must install the card 760 for the OS to detect, then the app will automatically come up to ask to  update. Use the latest version of the app.