SSDT-GPU-SPOOF R9 270-280 on Big Sur and Monterey

ltooz_audis

5 posts in this topic

The new Monterey doesn't support my GTX 760 on my Broadwell-E GA-X99 UD5 system. I had to use the Sapphire AMD R9 270 (10026811) and R9 280 (1002679A). The R9 280 spoofing was easy, but the R9 270 must be used with only WhateverGreen.kext version 1.5.1 for it to work. Regardless of how I got both of these to work, they still freeze at high resolution games and videos. Using it normally they're ok. The best is to use Heaven, it would freeze if use setting medium or high. If someone knows how to fix the freezing problem please let me know. I think the Sapphire is the culprit. Power supply is 750W Thermal Take.

- R9 270 must use 10026810 for R9 270X and WhateverGreen.kext 1.5.1.

R9 280 use 1002679a and any kext would work.

- Device properties must not have due to AppleKeyStore: error looping forever.

Cheers,

Louis

r9_270.png

r9_280.png

r9_270_display.png

x99_gpu.png

r9_270_280.zip

Edited by ltooz_audis
  • Like 1

Hi there,

Regarding the spoofing, you actually no longer need to use the shikigva values nor the SSDT-GPU-SPOOF in Monterey. The latest versions of Whatevergreen support the use of no-gfx-spoof setting under the Device Properties so I would suggest you try that (use 01000000 as value and Data as Type) and also radpg=15 as boot-arg. On another note I think your device-ids are incorrectly entered. The format which has been working for me has been device-id-only so to give an example your RX280 should be 9A670000.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 9:50 AM, Middleman said:

Hi there,

Regarding the spoofing, you actually no longer need to use the shikigva values nor the SSDT-GPU-SPOOF in Monterey. The latest versions of Whatevergreen support the use of no-gfx-spoof setting under the Device Properties so I would suggest you try that (use 01000000 as value and Data as Type) and also radpg=15 as boot-arg. On another note I think your device-ids are incorrectly entered. The format which has been working for me has been device-id-only so to give an example your RX280 should be 9A670000.

Did (do) you have freezing problems? What card do you have. BTW, I patched the Kepler so I could use my EVGA NVDA GTX 760. The problem is solved now.

Edited by ltooz_audis
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ltooz_audis said:

Did (do) you have freezing problems? What card do you have. BTW, I patched the Kepler so I could use my EVGA NVDA GTX 760. The problem is solved now.

Nope I did not (have freezing problems). I am currently using a 4GB RX550 on one of my B550 builds with Monterey and its working perfectly fine.

6 minutes ago, Middleman said:

Nope I did not (have freezing problems). I am currently using a 4GB RX550 on one of my B550 builds with Monterey and its working perfectly fine.

I almost bought a RX 480 4GB for $100. I'm happy with the GTX760 LOL. I don't trust AMD with 2 Sapphire R9 270-280 keep freezing, too big and heavy.

Cheers,

Louis