Any way to fix -x boot?

4 posts in this topic

Everytime for me to use osx I have to boot using "-x". I have an ati radeon 9250 pci video card with onboard intel integrated graphics. Im trying to fix my sound but it tells me to boot in NATIVE mode. Native mode is booting without the -x option right?

Everytime for me to use osx I have to boot using "-x".  I have an ati radeon 9250 pci video card with onboard intel integrated graphics.  Im trying to fix my sound but it tells me to boot in NATIVE mode.  Native mode is booting without the -x option right?

yes here is what you do boot into -x and the go to system/library/extentions/

and delete all files that start with appleintel.When i read that part before i did it i was like yea right ill kill it...but i had to try cos -x boot sux

well it worked ... one more thing

i have an ati all in wonder 9600 and it wouldnt boot without -x cos of the apple raedion drivers trying to load do delete them out of system/library/extentions/ and delete this whole folder system/library/extentions/AppelNDRV and thats it !

should boot into osx86 without any further help

once you get into osx86 the sound should be fixed too mine was :) (itunes radio Rox!)

yes here is what you do boot into -x and the go to system/library/extentions/

and delete all files that start with appleintel.When i read that part before i did it i was like yea right ill kill it...but i had to try cos -x boot sux

well it worked ... one more thing

i have an ati all in wonder 9600 and it wouldnt boot without -x cos of the apple raedion drivers trying to load do delete them out of system/library/extentions/ and delete this whole folder system/library/extentions/AppelNDRV and thats it !

should boot into osx86 without any further help

once you get into osx86 the sound should be fixed too mine was :D (itunes radio Rox!)

'-x' == safe mode. you run it natively if you don't run in in an emulator such as VMWare or QEMU.

you have to delete or better move the ATI kernel extensions. they crash the system. search the forum for further instructions.