x270 Lenovo ThinkPad

greythorne

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

As per my laptop in my signature, I would like to hackintosh it. I, However tried but the "less than a min remaining" was there for more than a day plus!!! lol.

Anyone have a good guide or would like to take a peek into my OC files?

@greythorne Hi there - I suggest you first try this working OpenCore-EFI hosted under this GitHub repo for ThinkPad X270, if you haven't already; should potentially fix the issue reported. You'll probably need to remap your USB ports incase you face issues with Bluetooth etc. Also, do ensure to fill in the config.plist's void PlatformInfo data (Serial, ROM, UUID etc..)

Good luck!

On 5/26/2022 at 6:54 PM, Hervé said:

What OC files?

Did you consult the existing threads about X270. For instance:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/349148-istypeconlysystem-error-during-big-sur-installation/#comment-2768386

I had already did my own EFI for the x270. The issue i have is, the installation always remains at "less than a min left". What i did was to get my Samsung Evo 850 SSD from my Intel NUC and stick it into the x270 and boot using the EFI i created for it and it works flawlessly.

What could be causing the issue?

FYI I followed the guide found on github, BlackOtton.

On 5/27/2022 at 9:08 PM, greythorne said:

What could be causing the issue?

Are you possibly using a USB stick as macOS install media? If so, I suspect some kind of compatibility issues with the USB drive in question or your system's USB controller firmware itself which is causing issues in final stages of macOS install. To rule this out, I propose you try install macOS from bootable install media created on spare partition of your Samsung SSD. If possible, test external route (USB port) for SSD (in SATA enclosure) as well.