load vbios for amd with WEG

RobertX

5 posts in this topic

...I've read that it's possible to load...now to attempt to shrink my rom to 64kb without losing anything...also in reading, that 64kb is the max size of rom for loading aty,image

...anyone can chime in if positive or negative...Im wanting to load an overclocked vbios without flashing the card

7 hours ago, RobertX said:

...I've read that it's possible to load...now to attempt to shrink my rom to 64kb without losing anything...also in reading, that 64kb is the max size of rom for loading aty,image

...anyone can chime in if positive or negative...Im wanting to load an overclocked vbios without flashing the card

I have no idea how you would make the new gpu  rom. the only way I think is maybe replace the gpu bios chip with greater capacity. and flash in terminal. or use a eeprom writer but its a lot of work and you could brick you card

51 minutes ago, BALDY_MAN said:

I have no idea how you would make the new gpu  rom. the only way I think is maybe replace the gpu bios chip with greater capacity. and flash in terminal. or use a eeprom writer but its a lot of work and you could brick you card

..thanks , but I think you misunderstand...what I have is the saved, overclocked bios rom for my card...131kb, and WEG needs it to be 64kb, understanding there is some padding added to rom, so...I want to load the overclocked bios through device properties in clover, I did it way back with a nvidia gt 430, using clover's inject nvidia...however, clover injection for amd eludes me for now....but thank you for comments

...from whatevergreen @github...

// The properties below are usually relevant to mobile ATI/AMD GPUs

// Most mobile GPUs fail to provide their VBIOS
// Dump it and inject it here.
// You must cut or pad it by 64 KB (GOP is not relevant).
"ATY,bin_image",
Buffer (0x00010000)
{
// Put your VBIOS here (you could extract it with Linux or Windows)

},

...this example is for ssdt, but i propose to use device properties instead

Edited by RobertX

sorry I thought you were modding the bios and the file was to big for the rom chip. 

I have modded  motherboard bios years age and yes the is padding in some motherboard bios. I was thinking  perhaps you could take out the padding and make the WEG Kext to a ffs file and add it to the gpu rom. (I don't know enough about bios coding it was just a passing thought)

• Like 1