Asus Ws C621E Sage

ciggar

27 posts in this topic

@ciggar

Several things..

You have a difficult board to hackintosh ( with 2 CPUs ) but it should be feasible. 

In your config.plist you'll need the quirk EnableWriteUnprotector instead of RebuildAppleMemory or SyncRuntimePermissions.

The "stuck" message posted on you boot log is not related to MSR/CFGlock. it can be related to your GPU ( which you have not stated in your specs! ) My wild guess :Try disabling the "Above4G" quirk in your bios. Most guides are telling your to enabled it, but depending on your GPU, you could get stuck exactly at this point.

Here's a list you'll need to unlock MSR/CFG. Use UEFIPatch.  The one i attached might be a bit old but still works.

You will also probably need a SSDT for your CPU wrapping. Look for it in posts from @metacollin

Best of luck.

https://github.com/LongSoft/UEFITool/releases

patches.txt UEFIPatch_0.28.0_mac.zip

Edited by Ellybz

Hello @Cigar!

Please remove your serial number before posting EFI or config.plist. (Since your serial is now in the wild, make a new one and keep it private.)

Being stuck after ACPI loading is a tell-tale sign you need CPU wrapping.

With such boards I advise to first dump the ACPI tables, study them and make custom SSDTs rather than jumping on the standard SSDTs and trying to boot. This is best done using the debug version of OpenCore. (You're using 0.7.9, right?)

Quirk AppleXcpmExtraMsrs is required. Do not patch the BIOS as the first intent: It may cause issues. But switching BIOS should be easy if you have the BMC version of the board.

Boot-arg npci=0x2000 is almost certainly required with a Xeon Scalable.

The port limit quirk is incompatible with USBInjectAll, and does not work with Big Sur 11.3 and later.

I have made these changes, as well as EnableWriteUnprotector as suggested by @Ellybz and which I also tend to favour, and actually added RestrictEvents.

Please try the attached EFI (OC debug 0.7.9) and post the SysReport folder and OpenCore log, as well as any relevant screenshot of the verbose boot—but please convert them to JPEG at reasonable size, we only need to read the text.

A full description of your hardware and knowing which version of macOS you're trying to install would help us help you.

I assume that the GPU is Navi or Big Navi (agdpmod=pikera).

NvmeFix is actually incompatible with some SSDs.

EFI.zip

• Like 1

y upload report ....but now with that efi y stuck on onther part!!!!!!what abou bios config becuase y have to much options in bios and i dont know what to inable and what to disable......and how to know if have bmc version motherboard on bios y have a section with say bmc active and on bios flash app y have f1 f2 f3 f4 f5 y dont know what is that...y try with MONTEREY RECOVERY1

HARDWARE

MOTHERBORAD:ASUS WS C621E SAGE REV1 y think is bmc version

CPU:2 XEON SILVER 4210

RAM:96GB SAMSUNG

GPU:MSI RADEON 6800XT

SSD NVME M2 500 W10

PCIE 1TB X8 SSD WDBLACK RGB

SSD 240 SATA OCZ 

1.jpg

report.7z

Well, you already made good progress! And what a lovely sight in the log: Too many quirks!

121:243 00:054 OCABC: All slides are usable! You can disable ProvideCustomSlide!

It looks pretty much like my Gigabyte C621-SU8, so I'd try the same settings: All booter quirks off but EnableWriteUnprotector!

The only thing that annoys me is the brutal halt in the middle of a debug message: Exactly what npci=0x2000 is supposed to prevent. Maybe we need to raise one level to npci=0x3000…

Please try this EFI (0.7.9 release). Adjusted quirks and a complete set of custom SSDTs.

If it still doesn't work, you may try with different versions of macOS (I first succeeded with Big Sur while Mojave and Catalina still failed) and/or try booting from a drive on which macOS is already installed (the boot EFI may still be on a USB stick).

EFI-rel.zip

• Like 1

I must have made a mistake in updating the EFI folder or config.plist, but I do not see which one… All prying eyes are welcome to help here.

While reviewing config.plist (ocvalidate OK), I took the opportunity to remove all security (Misc>Security>SecureBootModel:Disabled, UEFI>APFS>MinDate,MinVersion:-1). Does it help, after clearing NVRAM?

config.plist

now y make a virtual machine on my pc instal macosbigsur y downloaded macos monterey y make a clean usb instalation y mount efi partion y put yor efi and now y get this look at picture!!!!???? y atach efi too!!!!

122.jpg

EFI.7z

IONVMeControler points to an issue with a SSD. Unsupported model?

Or NVMeFix? I have no experience with virtualisation, but I suppose that this may require less kexts, and less or different SSDTs, because the actual hardware is handled by the hypervisor which then presents and abstraction to macOS.

SATA drives are always fine without any kext.

In general most (consumer) NVMe SSDs should benefit from NVMeFix.kext, but it is not required. Some (data centre) SSDs are actually incompatible with NVMeFix. So it is always possible to omit NVMeFix, and then try to add it later.

WD Black should be compatible (SN 750 or 850). OCZ is Toshiba, and should be supported. I have no idea about PNY.

But, if possible, it is always a good idea to begin with a minimal setup to avoid issues.

I thought "WD Black" was a regular (and fine) SN750/SN850…

Obviously the Marvell hardware RAID controller is not supported under macOS.

Firmware updates are controlled by

Misc>Security>BlacklistAppleUpdate:True

NVRAM>7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82>run-efi-updater:No

If both are set correctly, I don't know what's happening. Can the message be dismissed?

cant dismis the mesage only restar or shut down y put macpro1.1 and macpro7.1 but not work y generate a new smbios and nothing

on config y have  

Misc>Security>BlacklistAppleUpdate:True

NVRAM>7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82>run-efi-updater:No

now what is the problem????