Looking for MacMini9,1 Tables

Guest 5T33Z0

6 posts in this topic

For my OC-Little Repo, I am trying to complete this table which lists the correct values for kUSBSleepPortCurrentLimit and kUSBWakePortCurrentLimit for the USBX device inside the SSDT-EC.aml table for Skylake and newer CPUs. The list is almost complete, only the values for MacMini9,1 is missing. So if anyone has the DSDT of a MacMini9,1 and could look up these values or upload the DSDT that would be great.

• 5 months later...

@5T33Z0 I stumbled upon this thread and am curious - are you expecting the OC-Little Repo to be useful for Apple Silicon devices?

EDIT: @5T33Z0 After my post, I see that you have now deleted MacMini9,1 from your table.  I'll assume your answer is "no."  Nice chatting with you.

Edited by deeveedee

I have the same question as @deeveedee, Why are you looking for the dsdt of an M1 MacMini?

Also note that after looking at the iMac20,1 ioreg, I noticed that only the currentlimits at 0x834 were set and none of the powersupply so I removed them from my USBX patch as well.

Guest 5T33Z0

@deeveedee No, it won't. How could it? At the time the request was made, I thought this was an Intel model as well. The entry has been removed now.

@rafale77 I don't know if this is a good idea since PCs use different power supplies than iMacs and have to power more peripherals. How did you find that nfo in the IOReg: do you have the DSDT of an iMac20,x? From my experience, you need to look into the DSDT to find all the values. Because I couldn't locate anything related the power supply in the iMac20,1 ioreg…

@5T33Z0 No thanks necessary. It was my pleasure to help you. If you thought I actually believed your guide to be suitable for Apple Silicon, then I  need to work on my subtle delivery. 

@5T33Z0,

This is where I am seeing these properties injected in ioreg on my machine:

image.thumb.png.4b21a0ab12f3cfc1e5dfd805deb4c893.png

image.thumb.png.488508ee1d92af7b01e8c71b9a1366e5.png

And this is on a real iMac20,1

image.thumb.png.a4b0802bd3590e88fe5cad862d0ad1af.png

image.thumb.png.f14ac59085f5c7381b0179637d5dfa45.png

They are both under the XHC device and under each port. I verified that either SSDT-USBX or USBMap.kext/USBPort.kext also inject the same properties. I also noted that only the Sleep/Wake current limits were present on the real mac.

I was also concerned about the difference in hardware but if I remember correctly, the failure when not using SSDT-USBX was that the USB port would not provide sufficient power to charge a high power device, an iPad for example. I verified on my machine that I do not have any power problem even without the two additional property injections so I took them out first from the kext when I used it and from SSDT-USBX now that I got rid of the kext. Obviously, if I use the original files, I would get the two additional properties which differ from the real mac and don't appear to add anything... It's another one of these patches which are redundant and got passed down through the ages and are likely no longer necessary.