OpenCore 0.7.7 and NVidia Webdrivers Problem

Professor

3 posts in this topic

I have a Gigabyte z170-HD3 Mainboard with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2047 MB with High Sierra. I was using an older Clover bootloader for a long time and switched now to OpenCore.

OpenCore loads just fine also with the NVidia Webdrivers. There is only one problem:

If I reset NVram in OpenCore the NVidia Webdrivers will not load and booting stops. I have tried all the tricks I could find in other threads about this problem (flags nvda_drv=1, nvda_drv_vrl=1, add nvda_drv: <31> to NVRAM) and nothing works.

The workaround is to start Clover, which was working before, after start one time with Clover, OpenCore begins to work again. But this is only a workaround.

Can someone give me a hint how to make OpenCore working even after a NVram reset?

config.plist

Edited by Professor

Maybe NVRAM reset doesn't work correctly with this board.

I'd test to disable the "AllowNVRAMReset" setting nut add the CleanNvram.efi Tool instead included in the OpenCore Package. Then reboot and try to reset NVRAM this way.

ACPI > Quirks > NormalizeHeaders should be enabled when running High Sierra.

Kernel > Quirks > AppleCpuPMCfgLock is not required for Haswell and newer Intel Core CPUs, btw

Edited by 5T33Z0

On 1/17/2022 at 12:33 PM, Professor said:

I have a Gigabyte z170-HD3 Mainboard with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2047 MB with High Sierra. I was using an older Clover bootloader for a long time and switched now to OpenCore.

OpenCore loads just fine also with the NVidia Webdrivers. There is only one problem:

If I reset NVram in OpenCore the NVidia Webdrivers will not load and booting stops. I have tried all the tricks I could find in other threads about this problem (flags nvda_drv=1, nvda_drv_vrl=1, add nvda_drv: <31> to NVRAM) and nothing works.

The workaround is to start Clover, which was working before, after start one time with Clover, OpenCore begins to work again. But this is only a workaround.

Can someone give me a hint how to make OpenCore working even after a NVram reset?

config.plist 28.01 kB · 7 downloads

1994333065_2022-01-2103_26_57.png.8f42a7e866a9dbed4eea232e36a6856a.png

Edited by Andrey1970