opencore starts windows then blue screen

David Boswell

20 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone

I have been trying to fix this issue for 2 days now.. I have read  miliuco guild and many others. I have google it. But can't find a post that deals with windows blue screening when booting from opencore.

I have now installed OS catalina, Linux Mint and Windows 7 ( yes 7 because i don't like 10) All OS's are installed on separate Drives all SSD's 

If I run opencore both mac and linux boots fine.

But windows starts and gets to the Starting Windows screen, shows the windows flag then blue screens with a message:- bios not fully acpi compliant then a long code 0000000d0-.......

If I press F12 and boot window from the bios, it boot fine. So its not my install or computer My windows drive is GPT. not MBR as I know Opencore doesn't support MBR.

I am not sure I am missing a driver or tool in opencore or its just a setting in my config.plist that is wrong..

I just can't understand why Opencore boots mac and Linux but won't boot windows

I have Added this line in config.plist:-    PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x2)/Sata(0x3,0xFFFF,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,852F6801-3ACA-4ECA-903B-7F59D6BEA023,0x800,0x32000)/\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi

I got this line by following miliuco's guild.

I may of added it in the wrong place under Misc> Entries>0.

I have attached my EFI in case I have missed a driver or tool or just entered something wrong..

Thank you for taking the time to read this, Any help well be greatly appreciated

EFI.zip

If Windows is complaining about ACPI, I'd start there. OpenCore injects ACPI every time, even when booting into Windows or Linux. I'd start by disabling each of your SSDTs one at a time to figure out if a specific one is preventing you from booting Windows. You'll want to re-enable them before booting into macOS though. Once you've figured out which ones are causing issues, I can see if modifications can be made to them to work better with Windows.

• Like 1

If the Win bootloader path is correct (found via shell I think) you must also have it enabled in the plist currently it is disabled
you can try instead of ..... /\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi     >    ..... /\EFI\Boot\bootx64.efi

If you use Entries in Misc you should set the Scanpolicy (Misc> Security) to 2687747 works great in my case
however you may not see the Linux boot which as with Windows you should find the path and add it in the Entries ... you will not need the Linux drivers in this way

377567999_Schermata2022-01-17alle01_08_42.png.4dec9de38847321b9d58d8eb70ae668b.png

7 hours ago, Baio77 said:

Only thing I see is SSDT PM without if darwin

1327532798_Schermata2022-01-17alle08_12_47.thumb.png.351935f084f758e0ca6cacee150a46c4.png

SSDT-PLUG.aml Replace SSDT-Plug with the attached one and try to start Windows from Opencore again.

New SSDT-Plug

841780767_Schermata2022-01-17alle08_17_02.png.6f385e606f6e36ffcca03a6281e8f7bc.png

Hmm, not really. His PLUG is the same method on real Mac, and there is no issue with it if boot to Windows via OC. I'm using that method and totally fine.

He doesn't upload the BSOD picture so we dont know what the error code is. Because his EFI is pretty "clean" (no smbios injection) so I'm thinking maybe he set wrong bootmgfw.efi's boot path, or even there are at least 2 bootmgfw.efi exist in his ESP partition(s).

Hi Everyone

Sorry its taken a day to get back to you all. But had to go to work you know how it is.

I have tried everything you all suggested.. I swapped the SSDT-PLUG.aml file that Baio77 uploaded that made no difference..

I have changed the end of the path to read EFI\Boot\Boot64.efi suggested by Antuneddu.

I am uploading a new EFI folder WITH screen shots of error message, a shot of openshell map also the txt file. I had to cut out the boot, resources and tools folder to get it under the 10 mb limit (sorry)

As you can see windows starts and gets to the flag.. Not a good pic but i had to be fast with camera because the blue screen come up after..

If Windows boots when I press F12 and select the windows drive. It must be OC loading something windows doesn't like..

But for the life of me I just can't see what it is.

UPDATE

As I was typing this I disabled each aml file in my config.plist..As suggested by 1Revenger1 and disabling  SSDT-EHCx_off.aml.

windows boots.

But editing this file I would not know were to start..

Can anyone help me with this? What program do I use to edit it? what lines in the code would likely need changing?

As always a really do appreciate all your help. And taking the time to read my posts..

Off topic a little. but can someone add a link to where I can donate to the site.. (I am not a rich man but i would like to give something for all you help..) I have looked on the home page but don't see a link.. Like donate here

EFI.zip

6 minutes ago, David Boswell said:

Levono ThinkCentre M93P Desktop.. i7 4700 cpu 32 GB ram 4 x2tb ssd onboard graphics HD4600 wifi -bluetooth card BCM94360CD.

Ok, first about ACPI, you only need EC and PLUG only. Boot to windows via UEFI boot menu, then use SSDTTime to dump EC (desktop) and PLUG.

- For usb mapping, you can use USBToolBox to map usb ports. Unless you're using Big Sur 11.3.1 or older version, you still can map usb ports on macOS.

- EHCx SSDT is not needed if you have problem with USB. With i7 4700, I recommend SMBIOS iMac14,4 -> That means you will need 3 usb renames, you can check details here: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/system-preparation.html#system-preparation

Hi everyone again

Thank you for your reply Alperg. But now I have started down a rabbit hole..

So I went back to the start..https://dortania.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/ssdt-platform.html#desktop

According to this I only need 2 .aml files. I have a Haswell chipset NOT haswell-e. My CPU is a i7 4770 socket LGA1150.

So I only need SSDT-PLUG and SSDT-EC. If i am reading it right on the site.

I have regenerated these 2 files.. I am using a Linux Mint LIVE USB to do this.. Using SSTTime.

My Confusion is with the SMBIOS What is this used for? I though it was just a product name to generate some serial numbers to fool mac OS into thinking it was running on a real mac.

I am using iMac14,1 what difference will it make changing it to iMac14,4?

As always thank you all for taking the time to read this and for all your replies

5 hours ago, David Boswell said:

Hi everyone again

Thank you for your reply Alperg. But now I have started down a rabbit hole..

So I went back to the start..https://dortania.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/ssdt-platform.html#desktop

According to this I only need 2 .aml files. I have a Haswell chipset NOT haswell-e. My CPU is a i7 4770 socket LGA1150.

So I only need SSDT-PLUG and SSDT-EC. If i am reading it right on the site.

I have regenerated these 2 files.. I am using a Linux Mint LIVE USB to do this.. Using SSTTime.

My Confusion is with the SMBIOS What is this used for? I though it was just a product name to generate some serial numbers to fool mac OS into thinking it was running on a real mac.

As always thank you all for taking the time to read this and for all your replies

iMac14,4 uses U cpu, which means iGPU only, similar to your spec.

If everything is finished, and the system is stable 99%, recommend you should read this link: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/pm.html#enabling-x86platformplugin to create your own CPUFriendDataProvider kext, to match with your i7-4770.

You can check detail about i7-4770 on Intel's site: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/75122/intel-core-i74770-processor-8m-cache-up-to-3-90-ghz.html 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 11:06 PM, David Boswell said:

Before using CPUFriendFriend, I would test SMBIOS iMac14,2 since it is for an i7 4771 whereas iMac 14,4 is for an i5.

Edited by 5T33Z0

Hi everybody

First just let me say Thank you ALL so very much for all your help.

I now have a working system. I have only done this twice so still a newbie at this. That said I have been writing Arduino code for years.

I still don't understand what the SMBIOS is for?

Is it just to fool MacOS into thinking its running on a real Mac? Is it so Apple can tie your computer to your account? Or dose it set the drivers for your computer?

This system work just as I wanted it to..

Opencore only show the OS's I installed with the right names and icons on them. (NO NOMAME entries) my first build shows linux as NONAME but thank to Miliuco's guild and antuneddu This build is right.

Anyway I just wanted to say thank you to you all.

I am now going to post a full guild on how I built this system. Because I spent days googling this system.. There are loads of M93P tiny guilds. But not 1 for a tower system.

Thanks Again and I hope you are all having a great day

• Like 3

11 hours ago, David Boswell said:

I still don't understand what the SMBIOS is for?

https://www.dmtf.org/standards/smbios

Basically, the SMBIOS hands over information about the used hardware (CPU, GPU, other componnts) contained in the selected Mac modeas well as settings and other parameters to macOS.

Edited by 5T33Z0