[SUCCESS] - GA-Z170N-Gaming5

bobble999

4 posts in this topic

Having previously managed to get Big Sur running, I've flipped up to Monterey and sorted my previous USB issues

(Big Sur post here:) 

What I'm struggling with now, is my Bluetooth not working, with no obvious signs as to why?   What has changed since Big Sur that might have screwed it up?  I've not bothered with Audio - just plugged in a behringer USB Sound module....

Added my config.plist for pointers and guidance - Happy New Year folks!

config.plist.zip

Since Monterey we loose support for:

1. All bluetoothes except combo-BCM94360cs+BT. In theory supported Broadcom 20703.

2. Any Nvidia card. Kepler is possible with hacker's patch.

3. Intel HD4000. Also is still possible with hacker's patch. Lower Intel graphics is not possible any way.

4. WiFi Atheros. No solutions.

• Like 3

Guest 5T33Z0

@bobble999 XhciPorlitmit and USBInjectAll are no longer an option to get the ports working in BigSure 11.3+ correctly, so disable it. Generate a USB Port kext using USBToolbox.

I wrote a guide for that: https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/tree/main/03_USB_Fixes

Once the USB port situation is cleared ,you might get Bluetooth working if you can verify that your BT card is compatible.

Edited by 5T33Z0

On 1/3/2022 at 5:05 PM, Slice said:

Since Monterey we loose support for:

1. All bluetoothes except combo-BCM94360cs+BT. In theory supported Broadcom 20703.

2. Any Nvidia card. Kepler is possible with hacker's patch.

3. Intel HD4000. Also is still possible with hacker's patch. Lower Intel graphics is not possible any way.

4. WiFi Atheros. No solutions.

makes sense - thanks for that!!

5 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@bobble999 XhciPorlitmit and USBInjectAll are no longer an option to get the ports working in BigSure 11.3+ correctly, so disable it. Generate a USB Port kext using USBToolbox.

I wrote a guide for that: https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/tree/main/03_USB_Fixes

Once the USB port situation is cleared ,you might get Bluetooth working if you can verify that your BT card is compatible.

Roger that - little job for me later this week

Appreciate the guidance and wisdom as always.  Thank you!!

🙏