Older AMD GPU,S WITH MOTHERBOARDS WITH UEFI BIOS

BALDY_MAN

4 posts in this topic

We all know the price of gpu, s as gone though the roof. so perhaps your thinking of using a older card.

like me I bought a AMD Radeon HD7970. Because it's ID Was supported in Monterey (10020)6798) Supported devices in screen shot.But  you will also need to  find a card that also as a UEFI V bios. or  download a compatible UEFI V Bios. as without one you will not boot in to your motherboard bios or see the macOS drive.IF you can't find a UEFI bios for your card you can download GOPUpd_v1.9.6.5.rar. and make your own  UEFI VBios and reflesh your card 1307415184_ScreenShot2022-01-01at11_48_55.thumb.png.302379dc391115e5287984edc6b46236.png

Edited by BALDY_MAN
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

hi, you may not need eufi version vbios. you may try enable CSM on bios but firstly ,on bios settings you will select both uefi and legacy support for csm compatibility and secondly, bios gives you options to select uefi modes for storage, network , gpu and othe pci devices.

only you will select legacy for gpu and others will be uefi. with this settings i am able to use gigabyte rx580 on monterey. you can try it.

On 10/4/2022 at 6:49 PM, nexusblue said:

hi, you may not need eufi version vbios. you may try enable CSM on bios but firstly ,on bios settings you will select both uefi and legacy support for csm compatibility and secondly, bios gives you options to select uefi modes for storage, network , gpu and othe pci devices.

only you will select legacy for gpu and others will be uefi. with this settings i am able to use gigabyte rx580 on monterey. you can try it.

From what I know your rx580 has a efi bios. as I have used a rx580 and had no problems with it. but it was on lone to me . so at the Time I bought a HD 7970 which didn't have a efi bios. couldn't find any at the time so I made my own which work for me until 

Venture. and it became unsupported

so now I have updated to a sapphire pulse rx6600.  that has metal3  and support. in Ventura os.

its not a big deal for me as its my back up hackintosh thanks for your  interest and input