Very long delay in starting Windows by OpenCore [solved]

Professor

15 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am using latest OpenCore. I can pick Windows in OpenCore picker and boot, but booting Windows 10 only results in a black screen. After approximately 8 Minutes the booting of Windows continues and eventually I reach the login screen. It was working before, so some things have changed maybe in OpenCore. Can someone please give me a hint of what to change in config.plist to allow choosing Windows in OpenCore picker and booting it in normal speed?

The Windows installation is not corrupt, I can boot successfully into Windows directly without using OpenCore.

Thanks,

Professor© 

Edited by Professor

@Professor

I guess OC version you are using is 0.7.6. Really there isn't any change related to boot Windows from the picker between 0.7.5 and 0.7.6. The only thing can be "Fixed handling PCI device paths with logical units in ScanPolicy". What value do you have in ScanPolicy?

Check the injected ACPI Tables. Each one of them should contain an "If (_OSI ("Darwin"))" expression, so that the applied changes only apply to macOS. That's especially important when using OpenCore since it injects ACPI tables into every OS otherwise (unlike Clover).

Edited by 5T33Z0

@miliuco

Sorry, setting the checkbox to the values you mentioned did not change anything. Problem persists.

3 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Check the injected ACPI Tables. Each one of them should contain an "If (_OSI ("Darwin"))" expression, so that the applied changes only apply to macOS. That's especially important when using OpenCore since it injects ACPI tables into every OS otherwise (unlike Clover).

Sorry, I checked the ACPI section of my config.plist and there are only two entries with no if _OS("Darwin") expression.

4 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Sorry, I checked the ACPI section of my config.plist and there are only two entries with no if _OS("Darwin") expression.

18 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Post the EFI folder. I need to look into the ACPI Tables.

Hello @5T33Z0, here is my EFI Folder

EFI.zip

Edited by Professor

That folder and config is a mess… too many errors to list them all,  but some are: missing quirks, missing acpi tables, wrong order of kexts, wrong kexts, too many drivers, conflicting settings etc.

I assume you are using a Haswell CPU?

Try this: EFI.zip

I have to clarify: booting OpenCore with Windows results in a black screen. But after approximately 8 Minutes the booting continues and Windows starts up. So there is only a very long delay in starting windows from Opencore. I modified the first post accoringly.

Thanks @5T33Z0 for your EFI-Folder. I tried it and it didn't solve the problem but caused other problems: I had no sound in macOS. I reverted to my version again. I also tried your last hint, and putting a # in front of the PCI path did not helo either.

Best regards and a happy new year.

Professor©

Edit: Problem solved. There is a BIOS setting about Intel Graphics enabled/disabled. I disabled it and now it works as expected.

Edited by Professor