RadeonSensor - Monitor GPU Temperature with VirtualSMC or VM

Aluveitie

9 posts in this topic

I started reworking RadeonMonitor to be independent of FakeSMC to use it with VirtualSMC or in a VM without both.

The RadeonSensor.kext provides the GPU temperature which the RadeonGadget.app can display in the status bar. The Design is kept close to the AMD Power Gadget.

The SMCRadeonGPU.kext additionally can export the temperature to VirtualSMC for tools like iStats and HWMonitor.

438650190_Screenshot2021-11-16at10_13_42.png.9284aadd67dab5f9a86250d1486ae287.png

https://github.com/aluveitie/RadeonSensor/releases/tag/0.3.1

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Aluveitie said:

I started reworking RadeonMonitor to be independent of FakeSMC to use it with VirtualSMC or in a VM without both...

RadeonSensor.kext must be placed before SMCRadeonGPU.kext as seen in Info.plist or it doesn't matter?

Edited by miliuco

14 minutes ago, Creo2005 said:

SMCSuperIO and SMCProcessor not need when use RadeonSensor.kext and SMCRadeonGPU.kext with RadeonGadget.app?

I think they are different, SuperIO is for fans and disks and Processor for CPU.

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Pieroman said:

Did you see any way to get more info from the cards (fan speed, multiple temp readings) ?

I digged a little through the Linux drivers, but they are complex to navigate... I tried a couple of things but could not get it to work yet, didn't have too much time to look at it. Reading frequency and maybe power usage would be the first things, fan speed I wouldn't be able to test since mine is under water.