No USB-C ports enumerated in IOReg for my TitanRidge thunderbolt card after upgrading to last bios.

obus

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys.

Have a little problem with my TitanRidge thunderbolt cards after uppgrading my rig to latest bios. 

With my old bios my card was showing up two enumerated ports (SS01 and SS02) in IOReg. With the new bios the card is showing up but there is no enumerated ports and attached USB-C devices are not connecting. I have seen this with other versions of bioses for my Asus C422 rig. Some are working fine with my two TitanRidge cards and other does not.

Is this an irresolvable bios problem or is there maybe a soloution?

Happy for any help?😊

Spoiler

617733114_Screenshot2021-11-06at16_10_29.thumb.png.80805e709509db89b6b5014f92c6d74b.png

So, old BIOS on the left, new BIOS on the right? 'locationID' changes from 0x30000000 to 0x20000000 and you lose the USB ports and one item under IOPowerManagement.

Does Thuderbolt work?

It's probably best to ask the question to Thunderbolt guru CaseySJ in the other forum.

Otherwise, you may try to inject the working locationID with a SSDT. (Totally shooting at random here…)

Something like this, based on property injectors for GPUs.

SSDT-RP05.aml

On these IORegs locationID is never an issue, but IOPowerManagement>CapabilityFlags:0x0 with the new BIOS seems clearly wrong. The ACPI names in the path are different than those in the first screenshot.

Don't bother with my SSDT, it won't do anything useful in the situation I can see in these IORegs. It really was a shot in the dark.

Best to see with CaseySJ or Elias64Fr on the other forum (if they are not fully busy following the attempts on Z690 or hacking MapleRidge…).

• Like 2