Can someone help with some questions Please?

dasboot6

9 posts in this topic

1. Is the EHC1->EH01 and EHC2->EH02 rename necessary for both Opencore and Clover for older boards, Z97 Chipset for example?  Before properly USB mapping?

2. If your Bluetooth M.2 card (not on a PCIe slot carrier card) does not show in USB list in Hackintool. Is not being detected by the OS? Should this be the case with a Fenvi card in the correct slot or are certain boards made only to detect Cnvi cards and not Non Cnvi card?

3. There is a newer version of Usbinjectall 0.7.7 which has support for 500 series chipset boards, is there a problem with the version from Daliansky forked from Sniki 0.7.7? (Added 500-series chipset XHC controller, 8086:43ed)

4. The question on the Bluetooth/WiFi M.2 card makes no sense to me as the card is detected under Windows 10 perfectly and works perfectly with both Bluetooth and WiFi, but not under the latest Catalina using Opencore. (this  problem occurs on both an Asus Pro H410TM/ CSM and an Asrock H41TM ITX (BOTH THIN ITX BOARDS) using O.C 7.2.2  with Usbinjectall before mapping. I have read where others have used a newer version of USB injectall that 0.7.3 and the Bluetooth will not show in the USB section of Hackintool but when they revert back to 0.7.3 it does show.

1. No. It is one of the methods developed by Rehabman. In other methods you need no to rename.

2. Since Monterey only few Bluetooth cards will work.

3. I never used UsbInjectAll. There are more reliable methods.

4. See 2.

On 10/12/2021 at 8:35 AM, Hervé said:

Afaik, macOS does not support CNVI technology which is Intel proprietary (happy to be wrong of course); as such, I do not believe you'll be able to use any CNVI wireless card (actually called CRF module) in macOS and it won't be listed in SysInfo.

If your Bluetooth module belongs to a PCIe combo card (Wifi + BT), the wireless part is PCIe-based whilst Bluetooth is USB-based. I'm not sure combo PCIe/USB cards actually work in a CNVI slot but they'll certainly work in a PCIe slot of course. In such a case, the BT module of your combo card will be listed in SysInfo->USB section as long as your USB ports are all properly detected and mapped.

With regards to M.2, do not get confused: it is just a form factor and, as it happens, it is used for modern PCIe cards/devices and for CRF modules.

If you need further assistance, please describe your wireless card in details (make, model, type, chipset, etc.)

Most of these newer boards come with M.2 (CNVi capable) slots) and the boards I noted which are THIN ITX do not come with wifi cards, just a wifi slot a standoff and a screw. The card I chose is a Broadcom card marketed by Fenvi. This is the actual card I purchased which works perfectly under Win 10 Pro on the same board (these boards being 1. a Asus H410 TM/ CSM and 2.  a Asrock H410TM ITX.) The CNVI capability of the slot is for use with AX200 Intel card which will not work with the Mac OS assuming it even has that capability.  The Card: BCM94360NG M.2 Wifi Card Dual Band 1200Mbps 5Ghz Bluetooth 4.0 802.11ac

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000631796433.html?ug_edm_item_id=4000631796433&edm_click_module=item_detail&tracelog=rowan&rowan_id1=aeug_edm_19479_1_en_US_2021-10-13&rowan_msg_id=5263biz_search_product:0:0_3725124$51fa997c806041259b7c5812a853c1af&ck=in_edm_other

If the Card is recognized by one OS IE Windows but under a fresh Catalina Opencore install before mapping the The Bluetooth does not show in Hackintool or ioregistryexplorer in the USB section, does it mean, it is not being seen by the Mac OS, if the same scenario happens using USBmap under terminal then it is safe to say I will not be able to get this card's bluetooth to work? Once I start the mapping procedure getting the ports paired down the the magic 15 one of ports better be the internal that is used by the m.2 wifi slot under the usb bus to transfer a bluetooth signal from a compatible card, Yes No? Will using the USBunsuppported Kext with USB insjectall Kext temporarily to see all the ports during mapping be the proper direction to take? If the card is still not showing then it is a dead issue. (I am not going above Big Sur with the thin ITX boards) 

When is it that a USB port is not detected when others on the same chipset are?

If you add a PCIE USB card to a motherboard how does that affect the magic 15?

On 10/11/2021 at 10:21 PM, Slice said:

1. No. It is one of the methods developed by Rehabman. In other methods you need no to rename.

2. Since Monterey only few Bluetooth cards will work.

3. I never used UsbInjectAll. There are more reliable methods.

4. See 2.

So no rename is needed for a Z97 Gigabyte board.

I am not going above Big Sur with the H410T board. The card is a Fenvi BCM94360NG Broadcom card.

Are you referring to using USBmap in terminal as a more reliable method or could you outline what Slice would use as a more reliable method Please?

1 hour ago, dasboot6 said:

Are you referring to using USBmap in terminal as a more reliable method or could you outline what Slice would use as a more reliable method Please?

My kext named Legacy_USB.kext. It is codeless.

AFAIK USBMap.kext is the same coming from other developers than I used. I am not sure if the methods is exactly the same.

9 hours ago, Hervé said:

Bottom line is all that USB stuff is irrelevant if the BCM4360NG card is in a CNVI slot rather than a PCIe slot.

Bottom line is the card works under windows. The Apple drivers are auto loaded. The slot is powering a non-Cnvi Broadcom card and both the wireless and Bluetooth are working in Windows. The card works as a wireless card under Catalina, but the Bluetooth device portion does not show in Hackintool under USB section or under Mac system properties as a working Bluetooth device, no Bluetooth devices are detected. This is what I do not understand. Can you enlighten me Please?

11 hours ago, Hervé said:

The Fenvi BCM94360NG in question is a PCIe card. It's based on Broadcom BCM4360 chipset which is natively supported and the card works OOB in all recent macOS versions both in terms of wireless and Bluetooth (I've got such a card myself).

You need to clarify the situation with regards to the slot in which you've installed that card:

• is it a PCIe slot?
  • is it a CNVI slot?

If it's the former, the card should work 100% OOB in macOS. If it's the latter, do not expect it to work at all, let alone be seen in macOS for the reasons mentioned before. Again, forget about the M.2 aspect of the card/slot, it's just the form factor.

19 M.2 slot (key E)

This socket allow you to install an E key and type 2230 for wifi/BT devices supporting PCIe mode. It does not note Cnvi capability and I have not tested a Intel AX200 card under windows to see if it works.

image.thumb.png.1451726fd6779e3d921c905cf67ee1cd.png

2 hours ago, Slice said:

My kext named Legacy_USB.kext. It is codeless.

AFAIK USBMap.kext is the same coming from other developers than I used. I am not sure if the methods is exactly the same.

So are you referring to something similar to this https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/n2udl3/usbtoolboxᵇᵉᵗᵃ_making_usb_mapping_simpler/

??

CNVi devices should work. CNVi is just a proprietary link used to link the RF module to the PCH. The card is the RF module, and the PCH has the rest of the Wifi/Bluetooth logic. What's in the PCH should still be exposed as PCIe/USB. For example, my X1 Extreme uses CNVi, but the Wifi and Bluetooth is still exposed is PCIe and USB. PCIe is also wired to the M.2 slot, but bluetooth isn't on my system.

Whether or not the M.2 slot has both PCIe/USB and CNVi or just CNVi depends on the motherboard, and as far as I know, there isn't any easy way to tell. I believe many motherboards do wire up PCIe/USB still, but you may want to check the manual if it says.

Edit: If it works in Windows, then it suppotrs PCie/USB and it should work in macOS.

Edited by 1Revenger1

Finally answers. I will post the required logs from the appropriate apps. I will edit post tomorrow to not make you not look bad. My-bad. Slice did not comment on Reddit link what are your thoughts?

What happen to rehab and Toledo did they fall off the face of the earth? Is this an untouchable subject. It understand personal issues but they were bigtime at one time.  It looks as USBinjectall  is being updated by Sniki and others, not that the code is pertinent now, as Slice as presented, But it would be nice to know what has happened to these guys other than problem fixing burnout and incompetent questions from newbies? I did join insanely in 2010 but that does not make me any more knowledgeable.  Its almost like I have to push buttons to get answers if I sound a little knowledgeable  maybe I should dumb-down so others will learn from my questions, I thought this is what to forum(s) were all about..

4. The question on the Bluetooth/WiFi M.2 card makes no sense to me as the card is detected under Windows 10 perfectly and works perfectly with both Bluetooth and WiFi, but not under the latest Catalina using Opencore. 

please try taking out the kexts for wifi and bluetooth kexts.