SOLVED -- EC -Not sure if I get this?

makk

29 posts in this topic

On 1/18/2022 at 4:50 PM, eugene28 said:

What about 1.5.8 version?

Thanks Eugene for your support here.

latest is now booting. see the screen shot

Don't know why no boot previously.  

I was not able to upgrade to Monterey due to Lilu and plugins some time back last year.

As a result I am still running Big Sur. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 4.48.50 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 4:31 PM, eugene28 said:

So it is all good and working?

Hi eugene28,

Yes all the updated Lilu, Whatevergreen, AppleALC, the plugins are good and running.  Probably the nvram resets weren't taking.

Made significant improvement.

NOTE: Not using a patched custom DSDT.aml, no DSDT input from ACPI folder. 

1 In the SSDT-4x0Gb2.aml <> making the changes in 'renames' made all the difference. this SSDT is a hotpatch which had all the renames

and the patches in config.plist to work out of the box for the older MacOS's.  Which doesn't work for Catalina and above.  

a. Renamed all the reference to EC0 to EC <> left it at EC0

b. Renamed all the reference to EHC1 to EH01 <> left it at EHC1

c. Renamed all the reference to XHCI to XHC  <> left it at XHCI

2.  made changes in the config.plist <> turned off the renames for EC, EHC1, XHCI. and have ECEnabler.kext loading and the battery is good to go.  It is working.  Finally!!

3 Found USBPorts.kext that was created a while ago and turned off the FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext <> not needed any longer.

The issue now is to find and elimate B1B2 in the SSDT-4x0G2b.aml this seems to cause some issues.  this system has two battery

bat0 and bat1.  

Now in IOREG, have the proper output for EC

EC > references the fake EC, > SSDT-EC.aml as EC000000

EC0 > references AppleACPIEC > PNP0C09 >< have to check this one on a EC tuturial.

I do not have to rename the EC to EC0 and I do have two EC references one being EC to a fake SSDT and EC0 to the AppleACPIEC

The issue now is with the configuration, I do not have ECHI loading and all is referencing XHC for USB. Is not showing in IOREG as EH01 or EHC1 or EHCI  but USB2 is working and USB3 is now able to run upto 5Gb max when needed.

I just have to figure it out. 

The config was made by Rehabman for Clover 4071 customed made. or reworked with.  Took some months, trial and error to find each patch to remove and rework to work with Big Sur.

I was able to put back the Intel Wife Bluetooth combo mini and is up & running, with the Open Intel patched kexts. Works like a charm.  So now I have Wifi on an ethernet port and bluetooth.  (on boot up though the bluetooth port possibly <> because it is gated, and other gated ports, get the messages on boot -v.)  was not there before the chip swap out.   

Getting there surely to run as should.

Thanks for your help! 

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 11.18.31 PM.png

MacBook Pro.ioreg config.plist.zip

Edited by makk