[EFI - Opencore] HP Prodesk 400 G3 Mini. *** Success OC 7.3 ***

Pluskat5000Schiffe

55 posts in this topic

On 12/5/2021 at 2:52 PM, tonyx86 said:

@Pluskat5000Schiffe In response to a question I asked, Andrey1970 mentioned a couple of boot-args for IGPUs here.  Does the boot-arg "igfxrpsc=1 " that he mentions have any affect on the sleep/wake behavior of your G3?

No it didn't help this boot-arg you mentioned. I have used it along with these settings. Possibly they are conflicting:

igfxrpsc=1 igfxagdc=0 igfxonln=1 forceRenderStandby=0 swd_panic=1 keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=28

I was wondering, lately I had a AMD Ryzen issue with Windows 11 for someone else. When it fell in sleep it didn't wake anymore. The temporary fix supposed by Dell was to disable sleep and enable hibernate. In this workaround the memory content was written to disk and the whole laptop was shutting down. After power on the whole memory content was read again, and although it was somewhat slower, would this approach also possible on this hack? 

• 3 months later...

@Pluskat5000Schiffe I saw a discussion in another forum where someone with a Kabylake i5-7500/HD630 claims to have working sleep / wake by installing hibernationfixup.kext.  I have no experience with this kext and don't understand why it would fix the Kabylake sleep/wake problem, so I can't provide any advice for using it.  I'm just mentioning it to you in case you want to experiment with the kext.

https://github.com/acidanthera/HibernationFixup

10 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

@Pluskat5000Schiffe I saw a discussion in another forum where someone with a Kabylake i5-7500/HD630 claims to have working sleep / wake by installing hibernationfixup.kext.  I have no experience with this kext and don't understand why it would fix the Kabylake sleep/wake problem, so I can't provide any advice for using it.  I'm just mentioning it to you in case you want to experiment with the kext.

https://github.com/acidanthera/HibernationFixup

@deeveedee I will try ASAP. My daughter is still using this Mac mini clone. I see you are from Ukraine. I'm really shocked by the events you Ukraine people have encountered. Stay safe for you and your family!

Edited by Pluskat5000Schiffe
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

@Pluskat5000Schiffe I'm not in Ukraine, but I appreciate your thoughts and include the displaced and affected Ukrainians in my prayers.

When I was hacking a G3 Mini, I never enabled VT-d in BIOS. I wonder if enabling VT-d in BIOS would have any affect on the sleep/wake behavior of the G3 Mini?  If you are curious and feeling adventurous, look at this.

Edited by deeveedee