Monterey 12.0 EFI File help needed

11 posts in this topic

Have made a EFI File that works with  Monterey 12.0 

but with the validation tool I get the errors in the screen shot how can I fix the errors  please885698582_Screenshot2021-09-06at14_30_39.thumb.png.c253f70faf2a3b05e6e789a8b18e242d.png

Hi Bro -Double check that Driver OpenRuntime.efi is in the Drivers Folder, reboot, clean NvRAM and run validation again and see results. One more thing check OCAT is the latest version as that can throw up false flags if not the updated version. Good luck.

@BALDY_MAN

@antuneddu said 🙂

Recheck your divers section according to Sample.plist.

UEFI > Drivers
Updated Drivers to support arguments, requires config.plist update. Each driver has now 3 properties: Path, Enabled and Arguments (some OC plugins accept optional additional arguments which may be specified as a string). 

<key>Drivers</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>OpenRuntime.efi</string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Arguments</key>
                <string></string>
            </dict>
        </array>

Edited by miliuco

18 hours ago, miliuco said:

@BALDY_MAN

@antuneddu said 🙂

Recheck your divers section according to Sample.plist.

UEFI > Drivers
Updated Drivers to support arguments, requires config.plist update. Each driver has now 3 properties: Path, Enabled and Arguments (some OC plugins accept optional additional arguments which may be specified as a string). 

<key>Drivers</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>OpenRuntime.efi</string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Arguments</key>
                <string></string>
            </dict>
        </array>

Thank you both. for the swift reply  I have added the above to my plist but it is still  coming up with the same Errors

Best regards baldy

Just now, BALDY_MAN said:

Thank you both. for the swift reply  I have added the above to my plist but it is still  coming up with the same Errors

Best regards baldy

Strange! You are using 3 drivers, right? Have you added the 3 properties to each driver according with the new xml syntax rules? Do you have all files from the same OC version? Get the 0.7.3 final and try, validate it with ocvalidate tool included in this build, other tools probably are outdated.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Do you have all files from the same OC version?

Golden OC Rule - always use the Drivers and files contained in the updated OC version folder then check configuration with the ocvalidate file in the utilities folder for errors in the config.plist.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Golden OC Rule - always use the Drivers and files contained in the updated OC version folder then check configuration with the ocvalidate file in the utilities folder for errors in the config.plist.

I like this: Golden OC rule. Exactly 👍

• Thanks 1