best build in 2021?

2 posts in this topic

hey folks,

so, after some research, it seems like some of the best hardware to choose for performance and reliability would be:

intel i9-10900k
Gigabyte Z490 Vision-D (or Vision-G if D is unavailable) + 64GB RAM
Radeon 5xxx series for Catalina or 6xxx series for Big Sur ( or Radeon VII for high end or RX 580 for mid range)
Fenvi T919 for WiFi/Bluetooth

Basically, I'm trying to pick the most compatible motherboard while also getting Thunderbolt 3, which this . My research says Gigabyte boards are better for hackinotsh, and i happen to come across an extensive guide for that motherboard, including firmware flashing. I've dealt with pain-in-the-ass X99 for years but managed to get it into a stable workhorse eventually. Can anyone offer some input on my build advice, particularly motherboard? Thanks.

Edited by grandosegood

Guest 5T33Z0

Go with the Z590 Version may be. The Z490 Version has issues with the I225 2.5 Gig Enthernet Controller on macOS Monterey. The Z590 has a newer revision of this NIC which seems to work better. Could be due to early development of Monterey or hardware support. It works for somee but I couldn't get it to work yet. I have a Z490 Vision G, but the I225 Variant is the same.