6 posts in this topic

I have a problem when deleting the downloaded MacOS installation apps to install on other computers and I think I can only delete them by disabling SIP since it appears that it cannot be deleted because the file is in use. I have Big Sur but I don't know how to do it

Is there a simple way to do it? Thanks

Tengo un problema al borrar las app de instalación de MacOs descargadas para hacer instalación en otros equipos y creo que solo puedo borrarlas deshabilitando SIP ya que sale que no se puede borrar porque el archivo está en uso. Tengo Big Sur pero no se como hacerlo

Hay alguna manera sencilla de hacerlo? Gracias

Not being able to delete a file in use is quite normal and unrelated to SIP. You just have to close the app 1st. Afaik, SIP does not need to be disabled to delete a downloaded app that you may have subsequently installed/copied in Applications folder.

This being said, if you need/want to disable SIP, it's pretty much the same as it's been since OS X El Capitan. In your bootloader config, set NVRAM parameter csr-active-config to, say, 0xFEF (this value will completely disable SIP). You may also boot to recovery and use Terminal to type the following commands:

csrutil disable
csrutil authenticated-root disable   -> new in Big Sur

There are many threads/posts that discuss SIP and the various values that can be used to disable or partially disable it. In Big Sur, SIP is made up of 12 x flags. Look these up.

Thanks for all

To actívate It i have to use 

csrutil enable

?

ellaosx with sudo dont delete the file

I use It with no result thanks

On 7/1/2021 at 3:39 AM, wiliplasen said:

I have a problem when deleting the downloaded MacOS installation apps to install on other computers and I think I can only delete them by disabling SIP since it appears that it cannot be deleted because the file is in use. I have Big Sur but I don't know how to do it

Is there a simple way to do it? Thanks

Tengo un problema al borrar las app de instalación de MacOs descargadas para hacer instalación en otros equipos y creo que solo puedo borrarlas deshabilitando SIP ya que sale que no se puede borrar porque el archivo está en uso. Tengo Big Sur pero no se como hacerlo

Hay alguna manera sencilla de hacerlo? Gracias

Just open a terminal and type sudo rm -rf  and drag the file into the terminal with your mouse, hit enter, enter your password, hit enter again and wait for delete to finish.

example:  sudo rm -rf whateverinstaller.app.

Be sure to leave a space after sudo rm -rf  before you drag the file into the terminal.

• Like 1