macOS Monterey Patches Released

Shaneee

3 posts in this topic

Screenshot-2021-06-13-at-15.26.43.png

macOS Monterey 12.x AMD Patches

Here we are people. The macOS Monterey AMD Patches for OpenCore. They currently work great but as with any Apple update they may break so keep that in mind.

There are some things you should know first,

• Only Beta 1 is supported ( 12A5248p )
  • Patches for Beta versions are provided but no support is given until the OS is released.
  • Try these patches at your own risk and always have a backup EFI to boot.
  • Always make sure your kexts and if required OpenCore version is updated first.
  • Make a backup! This should always be the case when installing beta software.
  • Be patient with patch updates.

You can download the installer image with gibMacOS and the command to create a USB is on the Github Repo Readme. As mentioned above as it's a beta release, we won't offer support for those willing to install macOS 12.0 on their system. Once Apple have released it publicly then we will provide support.

Github Repo: https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla

As always, enjoy your AMD Hack and have fun.

Thanks,
Shaneee

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 6/29/2021 at 8:00 PM, Shaneee said:

Screenshot-2021-06-13-at-15.26.43.png

macOS Monterey 12.x AMD Patches

Here we are people. The macOS Monterey AMD Patches for OpenCore. They currently work great but as with any Apple update they may break so keep that in mind.

There are some things you should know first,

• Only Beta 1 is supported ( 12A5248p )
  • Patches for Beta versions are provided but no support is given until the OS is released.
  • Try these patches at your own risk and always have a backup EFI to boot.
  • Always make sure your kexts and if required OpenCore version is updated first.
  • Make a backup! This should always be the case when installing beta software.
  • Be patient with patch updates.

You can download the installer image with gibMacOS and the command to create a USB is on the Github Repo Readme. As mentioned above as it's a beta release, we won't offer support for those willing to install macOS 12.0 on their system. Once Apple have released it publicly then we will provide support.

Github Repo: https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla

As always, enjoy your AMD Hack and have fun.

Thanks,
Shaneee

Good news for FX-6xxx users:

At last I can boot Monterey beta1 in my FX-6300 hackintosh.

Because VoodooTSCSyncAMD.kext failed, I need add cpus=1 in Ryzen 1700X hackintosh which caused its performance was just so so.

However I was lucky to find that no such an issue in FX-6300 hackintosh which caused its performance was so good as at Big Sur.

Please give me the time to fine tuning it, then I can share my patch-config.plist with OpenCore.

Next step I will try to convert OC's config-patch to Clover's.

[Edit]

After delete cpus=1 in Ryzen 1700X hackintoshs its performance was much much better now !

That means even VoodooTSCSyncAMD.kext not working at Monterey both FX-6300 & Ryzen 1700X hackintoshs still boot to desktop without issue up to now !

[Edit2]

I can boot FX-6300 with Clover 5137 successfully now !

[Edit3]

Add one more patch which can recognize 6 Cores and much higher score in cinebench R20.

Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 10.04.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 10.07.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 10.28.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 11.55.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 11.59.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 12.37.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 8.50.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 7.52.06 PM.png

Edited by jsl2000
  • Thanks 1