My TPlink WDN 4800 stopped being recognized by the system after 10.14.6 update

4 posts in this topic

Now I get the dreaded x inside the wifi icon with the message no hardware installed. To make things worse, my hackintosh has been running smooth and stable for so many years that I don’t remember anymore how I made the card work in the first place.

I tried a solution from the kext section of the site to no avail. Then I went crazy with hacks, trying to use high sierra’s that was in my time machine. And now I don’t even have the vanilla 10.14.6 IOUSBFamily.kext to try from scratch anymore. Btw if someone could upload it it would be nice.

I hazily remember (yes, it has been a long time since I had to tweak anything in my machine) that when messing with /S/L/E there were some procedures about prelinked kernels that should be performed: how do we install modified kexts in /S/L/E in mojave and get them to work for that matter? Is there a solution that doesn’t involve booting from recovery or another partition? By the way I set my clover Variables config to 0x67 - how do I check via terminal if it actually worked and SIP (another think I hazily remember) was disabled?

All in all, I use Clover, so please (and don’t take offense with me asking this, please) don’t suggest me LiLu or OpenCore or any “more modern” fix since I’d have to learn it from zero and I (currently) simply don’t have the time needed for it. The ideal solution would be a kext I could simply install on /S/L/E or /L/E without messing with my current bootloader and/or config plist.

Many thanks!