Jump to content
14 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I'm having a problem with OpenCanopy on OpenCore 0.6.9.

 

Multi-booting from one SSD so I added the below for my Manjaro EFI - 

MISC > Entries

<string>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x2)/Sata(0x4,0x0,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,7F1B0AF9-E7AB-4EB8-9AE9-2456FAD28E9B,0x28,0x64000) /\\EFI\\Manjaro\\grubx64.efi</string>

This line however breaks my Opencanopy GUI & reverts to  the text menu on OC Picker.

So I disabled the entry to <false> and then added 

<key>BlessOverride</key>

<array> <string>\\EFI\\Manjaro\\grubx64.efi</string> </array>

 

This didn't break the Opencanopy Guy but then the Manjaro drive name shows up as EFI.

 

Any Suggestions folks.

 

827334759_Screenshot2021-05-27at18_52_06.thumb.png.2253fb400c39011af51c85d61fc4793f.png

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, ichrioni said:

I'm having a problem with OpenCanopy on OpenCore 0.6.9.

 

Multi-booting from one SSD so I added the below for my Manjaro EFI - 

MISC > Entries

<string>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x2)/Sata(0x4,0x0,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,7F1B0AF9-E7AB-4EB8-9AE9-2456FAD28E9B,0x28,0x64000) /\\EFI\\Manjaro\\grubx64.efi</string>

This line however breaks my Opencanopy GUI & reverts to  the text menu on OC Picker.

So I disabled the entry to <false> and then added 

<key>BlessOverride</key>

<array> <string>\\EFI\\Manjaro\\grubx64.efi</string> </array>

 

This didn't break the Opencanopy Guy but then the Manjaro drive name shows up as EFI.

 

Any Suggestions folks.

 

827334759_Screenshot2021-05-27at18_52_06.thumb.png.2253fb400c39011af51c85d61fc4793f.png

if this can help you
to view the linux / Manjaro icon you have to copy the icon next to the bootloader in EFI / Manjaro and rename it grubx64.efi.icns otherwise a generic one will be loaded (this with the ver.0.6.9 of OC with the 0.7.0 the music changes)

Schermata 2021-05-27 alle 16.00.35.png

Schermata 2021-05-27 alle 16.12.02.png

Edited by antuneddu
1 hour ago, miliuco said:

In the string, try removing the space in 0x64000) /\\EFI\\Manjaro 0x64000)/\\EFI\\Manjaro.

Does it fix your problem?

 

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x2)/Sata(0x4,0x0,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,7F1B0AF9-E7AB-4EB8-9AE9-2456FAD28E9B,0x28,0x64000)/\EFI\Manjaro\grubx64.efi

 

Removed the space, again OC GUI is broken and boots to text picker.

:wallbash:

5 minutes ago, ichrioni said:

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x2)/Sata(0x4,0x0,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,7F1B0AF9-E7AB-4EB8-9AE9-2456FAD28E9B,0x28,0x64000)/\EFI\Manjaro\grubx64.efi

 

Removed the space, again OC GUI is broken and boots to text picker.

In the previous version of OC it worked fine? The UEFI path to the Linux partition may have changed recently?

8 minutes ago, ichrioni said:

 

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x2)/Sata(0x4,0x0,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,7F1B0AF9-E7AB-4EB8-9AE9-2456FAD28E9B,0x28,0x64000)/\EFI\Manjaro\grubx64.efi

 

Removed the space, again OC GUI is broken and boots to text picker.

:wallbash:

is the path correct as you got it, via shell?

1 minute ago, miliuco said:

In the previous version of OC it worked fine? The UEFI path to the Linux partition may have changed recently?

This is a Clover r5133 to OC 0.6.9 conversion. 

I used the OC Shell to find the patch to the EFI and then map it.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here?

map-table-updated.text

1 minute ago, antuneddu said:

is the path correct as you got it, via shell?

Let me attach a picture of the OC Shell & a updated map.text :-)

2 minutes ago, ichrioni said:

This is a Clover r5133 to OC 0.6.9 conversion. 

I used the OC Shell to find the patch to the EFI and then map it.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here?

UEFI path to your Linux is FS3 right? If it's correct, I don't see anything wrong.

Upload your config.plist.

5 minutes ago, miliuco said:

UEFI path to your Linux is FS3 right? If it's correct, I don't see anything wrong.

Upload your config.plist.

 

Here's the OC Shell Picture & an updated map.text for the UEFI paths along with Config.plist

1008868238_OCShell.thumb.jpg.01742bd498c2877f91a1dfd2f1f57f2a.jpg

Screenshot 2021-05-27 at 21.26.21.png

updated.text Config.plist

13 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

is the path correct as you got it, via shell?

 

Just now, ichrioni said:

 

Here's the OC Shell Picture & an updated map.text for the UEFI paths along with Config.plist

1008868238_OCShell.thumb.jpg.01742bd498c2877f91a1dfd2f1f57f2a.jpg

Screenshot 2021-05-27 at 21.26.21.png

updated.text 6 kB · 0 downloads Config.plist 35.14 kB · 0 downloads

 

Just now, ichrioni said:

 

Here's the OC Shell Picture & an updated map.text for the UEFI paths along with Config.plist

1008868238_OCShell.thumb.jpg.01742bd498c2877f91a1dfd2f1f57f2a.jpg

Screenshot 2021-05-27 at 21.26.21.png

updated.text 6 kB · 0 downloads Config.plist 35.14 kB · 0 downloads

 

Posted (edited)

@ichrioni

In config.plist I see a space between the UEFI path and the bootloader path, in both Windows and Manjaro entries. This is your current config.plist?

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x2)/Sata(0x4,0x0,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,7F1B0AF9-E7AB-4EB8-9AE9-2456FAD28E9B,0x28,0x64000) /\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi
PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x2)/Sata(0x4,0x0,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,7F1B0AF9-E7AB-4EB8-9AE9-2456FAD28E9B,0x28,0x64000) /\EFI\Manjaro\grubx64.efi

You have the systems on the same disk. The UEFI path and the EFI folder is the same for Windows and for Linux, what's different is the path to the bootloader, this complicates the multiboot (it is more simple with EFI folders and operating systems on different disks) but I don't understand why it doesn't work. Apparently everything seems to be fine, except the space that I have commented on, if you still have it, try without it.

Edited by miliuco
2 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@ichrioni

In config.plist I see a space between the UEFI path and the bootloader path, in both Windows and Manjaro entries. This is your current config.plist?


PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x2)/Sata(0x4,0x0,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,7F1B0AF9-E7AB-4EB8-9AE9-2456FAD28E9B,0x28,0x64000) /\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi
PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x2)/Sata(0x4,0x0,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,7F1B0AF9-E7AB-4EB8-9AE9-2456FAD28E9B,0x28,0x64000) /\EFI\Manjaro\grubx64.efi

You have the systems on the same disk. The UEFI path and the EFI folder is the same for Windows and for Linux, what's different is the path to the bootloader, this complicates the multiboot (it is more simple with EFI folders and operating systems on different disks) but I don't understand why it doesn't work. Apparently everything seems to be fine, except the space that I have commented on, if you still have it, try without it.

it could depend on the LauncherOption mine is set to Disabled  try

  • Allan changed the title to Multi-booting - Manjaro - OpenCore
31 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@ichrioni

In config.plist I see a space between the UEFI path and the bootloader path, in both Windows and Manjaro entries. This is your current config.plist?


PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x2)/Sata(0x4,0x0,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,7F1B0AF9-E7AB-4EB8-9AE9-2456FAD28E9B,0x28,0x64000) /\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi
PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x2)/Sata(0x4,0x0,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,7F1B0AF9-E7AB-4EB8-9AE9-2456FAD28E9B,0x28,0x64000) /\EFI\Manjaro\grubx64.efi

You have the systems on the same disk. The UEFI path and the EFI folder is the same for Windows and for Linux, what's different is the path to the bootloader, this complicates the multiboot (it is more simple with EFI folders and operating systems on different disks) but I don't understand why it doesn't work. Apparently everything seems to be fine, except the space that I have commented on, if you still have it, try without it.

 

29 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

it could depend on the LauncherOption mine is set to Disabled  try

So guys thanks a heap for getting a new thread opened:-)

 

1. As you mentioned @miliuco , the OS's namely macOS Mojave/Windows 10 Home/ Manjaro & Linux Mint are all installed on 1 SSD. 

The config that I uploaded is after trying your suggestion of removing the spaces in the UEFI paths,

since that resulted in the same text picker on boot I redid the spaces & changed the entries from enabled to disabled in Misc>Entries.

 

2. The LauncherOption=Short is from the guide https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/multiboot/bootstrap.html#prerequisites

 

as by BIOS is Insyde, I use Short.

 

I'm ready for any trials as mentioned.

 

Presently using 

<key>BlessOverride</key> 

<array> <string>\\EFI\\Manjaro\\grubx64.efi</string> </array>

 I also experienced 3 systems on the same disk yes this can complicate multiboot, it was not necessary in my case  to indicate the path for linux with the scanpolicy on 0 it was intercepted by oc

the only problem that created me was windows as it started first at boot,

from the windows terminal as admin I gave this command

bcdedit / set {bootmgr} path \ EFI \ OC \ OpenCore.efi

and at the next reboot OC started

I still have the EFI saved

Schermata 2021-05-27 alle 18.41.09.png

1 hour ago, antuneddu said:

 I also experienced 3 systems on the same disk yes this can complicate multiboot, it was not necessary in my case  to indicate the path for linux with the scanpolicy on 0 it was intercepted by oc

the only problem that created me was windows as it started first at boot,

from the windows terminal as admin I gave this command

bcdedit / set {bootmgr} path \ EFI \ OC \ OpenCore.efi

and at the next reboot OC started

I still have the EFI saved

Schermata 2021-05-27 alle 18.41.09.png

So you didn't have to even use the Bless Override for OC to find your Garuda Partition with Scan Policy=0 ??

The windows cmd prompt as admin was something I just learned.

 

Using the Bless Override and adding the path to the Manjaro EFI,  on OC Boot it shows a disk called EFI-on selecting it it takes me to grubx64 where I choose between Manjaro or Linux Mint.

×
×
  • Create New...