HEVC on Big Sur

surenmunoo

4 posts in this topic

Hi All, I have an Asus Z370-P which boots Win 10, Catalina and Big Sur. In BS I do not have HEVC working but it works perfectly in Catalina and Win 10. I fly my drone quite often and record videos in H265 4K and I cannot watch those in Big Sur but only in Catalina. I am using 1 Open Core 0.6.9 EFI to boot both BS and Catalina. Can anyone help to explain how this does not work in BS. I am also using iMac 20.2 SMBIOS and even tried 19.1 but still the same in BS. Also in Catalina Airplay works and sees my Samsung TV but in BS it does not work. 

On 5/24/2021 at 2:28 AM, surenmunoo said:

Hi All, I have an Asus Z370-P which boots Win 10, Catalina and Big Sur. In BS I do not have HEVC working but it works perfectly in Catalina and Win 10. I fly my drone quite often and record videos in H265 4K and I cannot watch those in Big Sur but only in Catalina. I am using 1 Open Core 0.6.9 EFI to boot both BS and Catalina. Can anyone help to explain how this does not work in BS. I am also using iMac 20.2 SMBIOS and even tried 19.1 but still the same in BS. Also in Catalina Airplay works and sees my Samsung TV but in BS it does not work. 

This is an older release but you can see if it works as vlc usually includes most decoders.

Today, the libde265 team released a HEVC production version of the popular VLC media player. The libde265 HEVC enabled release is capable to view HEVC video in 4K Ultra HD resolution at 30 frames per second on a standard Mac. The minimum system requirements for viewing HEVC video in 4K UHD resolution are

• Intel Core i7 with 4 cores, running at 2.3GHz.

The VLC media player with libde265 HEVC video codec enabled is available for download in the current release version 2.1.4 (Intel 64bit) on

https://github.com/strukturag/vlc-2.1/releases/latest
Edited by HenryV
add info

15 hours ago, HenryV said:

This is an older release but you can see if it works as vlc usually includes most decoders.

Today, the libde265 team released a HEVC production version of the popular VLC media player. The libde265 HEVC enabled release is capable to view HEVC video in 4K Ultra HD resolution at 30 frames per second on a standard Mac. The minimum system requirements for viewing HEVC video in 4K UHD resolution are

• Intel Core i7 with 4 cores, running at 2.3GHz.

The VLC media player with libde265 HEVC video codec enabled is available for download in the current release version 2.1.4 (Intel 64bit) on

https://github.com/strukturag/vlc-2.1/releases/latest

Thanks mate will give this a try.