Error occured preparing update in Big Sur

ovidoi

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I started installing the BIG SUR os again, so far I haven't been able to get that far, 
but I'm having a big problem and I don't know how to solve it. The boot to the installation works ok
but when it is less than 1 minute I get the message that it is an update error and I can't choose the boot disk. 
I have attached the pictures and efi partition, please help me and thanks in advance.

p.s. Bootloader is clover 5135

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail1.jpg

efi big sur.zip

Fixed, after several attempts in safe mode, I managed to get over that problem and 
I managed to install BIG SUR on this hardware configuration with ssdt 19.1, 
but the graphics and sound acceleration does not work, a little help please.

Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 12.11.02.png

Edited by ovidoi

6 hours ago, Hervé said:

Are we supposed to guess what system you're talking about?

If desktop in signature, you need to do a bit of homework... No support for old nVidia Tesla cards such as your GeForce 210 in Big Sur; same goes for the 1st gen Intel HD iGPU of the i3-530. Check the Dortania's GPU Buyers guide for a complete overview of supported/unsupported grapghics cards in Big Sur.

Hi, for catalina is this patch and work good qe/ci "chris1111 / Legacy-Video-patch " i tested in 3d bench and games but in big sur not acceleration, only resolution, boot log of clover is this "Core i7 processors (PAM 0x40-0x47)
                        0:100  0:000   Test PAM1=(0x41=11, 0x5a=00, 0x81=0B, 0x91=13) at chipset 00408086
                        0:100  0:000  , Install = Success"

4 cores active and 12 disable, but supported sse4.2

for video card not have money, i live in Romania, is expensive for me, only i have an old macbook pro 3.1 but unfortunately he doesn't want to start at all, and i don't know what to do with it, i followed all the tutorials on the internet but in vain, i have yosemite installed on it.

Edited by ovidoi

Nobody can help me ??? I tried different ways to activate the sound but it refuses to load the drivers,
I also tried with alc + lilu and voodoohda but nothing, I have alc - 888s codec.

4 hours ago, Hervé said:

Imo, it'd be a waste of time to pursue this any longer given that you cannot have graphics acceleration at the moment. System will just run slow with several features not working like Sleep/Wake and others.

I don't mind that it doesn't have video acceleration, I will buy a supported card in the next few days 
or that the sleep / wake function doesn't work, I also tried with a pci sound card but nothing, 
applehda patcher can't find any sound codec, I still have installed on another ssd sierra and 
I tried to apply the patch and copy the one with big sur but it does not load it because it does not detect any codec. 
The system runs pretty fast, it boots pretty fast.

8 hours ago, hardcorehenry said:

Hackintosh users(with non-metal graphic) are out of luck with graphic acceleration in Big Sur. Let's hope OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher supports our hacks in foreseeable future. See post.

no luky, i try but nothing, i install catalina video patch but no, in catalina work verry well 3d games but big sur no, audio no, clover detect adio codec but big sur no, i try kext to patch in clover configurator, but no, see attach, in catalina work all devices. I use clover 5136.

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 22.37.19.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 22.45.40.png

On 6/5/2021 at 11:47 AM, hardcorehenry said:

Hackintosh users(with non-metal graphic) are out of luck with graphic acceleration in Big Sur. Let's hope OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher supports our hacks in foreseeable future. See post.

OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher seems to be working on hackintosh(unsupported graphic), but it’s still work in progress. I wasn’t able to “unpatch”, so no delta updates. QE/CI works.

Spoiler

2056753169_ScreenShot2021-06-13at1_55_38PM.thumb.png.3ee5e5f8cb848c6aeb93cb739fb3804a.png

Also my IGPU looks “funny”, need further investigation.

Spoiler

1146416047_ScreenShot2021-06-13at3_58_51PM.png.4df17ed92685d514e701497a58e540d3.png

Edited by hardcorehenry