0.6.9 EFI Folder for GA-Z97P-D3 Gigabyte Motherboard

BALDY_MAN

11 posts in this topic

Hi all 

just built this EFI Folder for a 0.6.9 EFI Folder for GA-Z97P-D3 Gigabyte Motherboard. you mite need to map your own usb ports  and generate your own serial number  

works with 11.4 Beta (20F5065a) 

please leave a  feed back comment. 

Enjoy

EFI.0.6.9 build GA-Z97P-D3.Gigabyte. 12:5:2021

EFI.0.6.9 build GA-Z97P-D3.Gigabyte. 12:5:2021

EFI.0.6.9 build GA-Z97P-D3.Gigabyte. 12:5:2021.zip

Edited by BALDY_MAN
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, BALDY_MAN said:

thank you. please comment if it works for you

I have made some insertions ( ROM, Serial,  UUID etc..) in the config file .. put it and the folder on a usb stick : It is working: USB3/USB2 tested : the USB3 for an external hard drive , USB2 for a laser printer. BUT the front USB3 is no longer working only the USB2. These ports are only used when I make some USB sticks to install MacOS so... not important.

Ethernet OK ( tested on my 1 gbit fiber) ,  Sound OK.

I will make some cosmetic changes : grey apple at boot, remove extra entries.

I will also test the usage that gave me systematic kernel panic since the last or the one before the last update of BigSur :  make the Hackintosh full sleep after 15 minutes, activate PowerSnap , wait 4 or 5 hours, wake => 4 minutes after Kernel Panic ( boot disk failure !) ON/OFF : Hack is booting ..

• Like 1

13 hours ago, T0pol said:

update : a test that was giving me Kernel Panic ( full sleep; wake up , mail activity... ) is no longer generating kernel panic.

@TOpol Thanks for taking your time to comment/Reply. it helps people deside if they wish to try the efi file too

8 hours ago, BALDY_MAN said:

@TOpol Thanks for taking your time to comment/Reply. it helps people deside if they wish to try the efi file too

Well good news : the context that was ended with kernel panic until yesterday has not occured : long deep sleep (8 hours) with powersnap activated ( backup, read mail) wake 20 minutes ago : no problem. Did you make some change in the SSDT ? 

14 hours ago, T0pol said:

Well good news : the context that was ended with kernel panic until yesterday has not occured : long deep sleep (8 hours) with powersnap activated ( backup, read mail) wake 20 minutes ago : no problem. Did you make some change in the SSDT ? 

i dont think i messed with the ssdt. i just copied files over to a updated EFI. and made a new conf. plist. i have never mapped the ports in the efi. but im using a mac compatible usb3 pci-e card in my build for my mouse and keyboard otherwise i have problems with the usb ports sleep seems to work ok. for me.with this set up. the Z97 build is my spare hackintosh so i dont mess with it much

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BALDY_MAN said:

i dont think i messed with the ssdt. i just copied files over to a updated EFI. and made a new conf. plist. i have never mapped the ports in the efi. but im using a mac compatible usb3 pci-e card in my build for my mouse and keyboard otherwise i have problems with the usb ports sleep seems to work ok. for me.with this set up. the Z97 build is my spare hackintosh so i dont mess with it much

My Kernel Panic problem occured after 11.4 arrived, and I was using OpenCore 0.6.6 : I suppose something has changed in the core of OpenCore with 0.9.9 or with the Kexts . The Hack is now very stable as it was before. Once again , thank you.

2 hours ago, T0pol said:

My Kernel Panic problem occured after 11.4 arrived, and I was using OpenCore 0.6.6 : I suppose something has changed in the core of OpenCore with 0.9.9 or with the Kexts . The Hack is now very stable as it was before. Once again , thank you.

@T0pol Glad to be of help.