Catalina installed 10.15.7 but not having Admin privileges

ergot

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

its been a week with no solution so far, have installed 10.15.7 on AMD machine (Asrock X570 Creator / 16 Core Ryzen 9 5950X / HyperX 64GB 2400MHZ DDR4 / Asus Radeon VII)

looks OK, BT is working, network is OK WiFi NOT working, TB is working! BUT I have many issues with system admin user privileges which I don't have for some folders mainly for "System" folders 

I am an Admin user, I have tried to create a new Admin user, re-install different version of Catalina but every time it is the same.

Also when I click on "security and privacy" in system preferences it get stuck and crushing the app.

instaling Apps - OK but will fail to load if no access to system file

I am loosing ideas, is anyone know how to make it work?

6 hours ago, Hervé said:

You are aware that, in Catalina, the system folders are locked in read-only mode by default and that you need to remount root in RW mode to be able to modify anything, right?

What about SIP?

Sorry but I did not know that and I don't know how to o this....can you please let me know how to do this?

SIP is disabled

Thanks

Thanks!

I did that and after booting the OS refuse to load, lines of codes running for hours very slowly… I think it’s something in EFI folder strange 

I have backup so I restored install and I’m at stage 1 again, maybe perform this as a single user? From USB install? 
 ill try this and report 

thanks 

9 hours ago, ellaosx said:

it was more of the things you did after the 2 commands that caused the not booting.

I did a restore and tried again now I'm getting:

mount_apfs: volume could not be mounted: Operation not permitted

mount: / failed with 77

17 minutes ago, ergot said:

I did a restore and tried again now I'm getting:

mount_apfs: volume could not be mounted: Operation not permitted

mount: / failed with 77

OK SIP was disabled from some reason...anyway I was able to perform this however "security&Privacy" is crushing/stuck PC...