Duplicated Windows 10 entries on Bootpicker

mengshi

4 posts in this topic

Have updated to 0.6.9 and Big Sur 11.3.1

On 0.6.7 -> 0.6.8 update, I have the following issues:

1. Mouse doesn't work in OpenCanopy anymore.

2. [SOLVED] Jumpy keypresses at Bootpicker -> Fixed by adjusting some number in UEFI->AppleInput

3. Duplicated Windows 10 boot on BootPicker. What I could remember was during the 0.6.8 update and reboot, it boot into Windows and I let Windows System Update run......

For issue 3, can I fix this by following this: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Multiboot/oc/win.html   ?

Thanks.

On 5/6/2021 at 5:42 PM, mengshi said:

Have updated to 0.6.9 and Big Sur 11.3.1

1. Mouse doesn't work in OpenCanopy anymore.

2. [SOLVED] Jumpy keypresses at Bootpicker -> Fixed by adjusting some number in UEFI->AppleInput

3. Duplicated Windows 10 boot on BootPicker. What I could remember was during the 0.6.8 update and reboot, it boot into Windows and I let Windows System Update run......

For issue 3, can I fix this by following this: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Multiboot/oc/win.html   ?

Thanks.

3. [Solved] -An extra EFI partition that was somehow created during the reboot process for 0.6.9 update during which I accidentally booted into Windows 10 and allowed it to update itself.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 7:19 PM, mick3lson said:

Just for cosmetic purpose is possible to rename Windows EFI partition, I tried with OpenCore 0.6.9 but have occurred duplicated entries...

You have 2 Windows entries in the picker because you are detecting Windows in 2 different ways at the same time:

• the Windows icon before macOS is the one that OpenCore automatically detects and adds to the picker
  • the Windows icon behind macOS is the entry you created in Misc> Entries.

You can remove one of the 2 icons.

• To remove the first one you have to modify the value of the ScanPolicy key, if you assign a value that does not detect Windows systems then the first icon disappears. For example, the value ScanPolicy = 3736323 shows SATA, NVMe, ATAPI, USB devices and APFS, HFS file systems in the picker. In this way the first icon disappears and only the second remains.
  • To remove the second Windows you just have to delete the custom entry in Misc> Entries.

You can rename only the Windows set in Misc> Entries, in the Name key you can put the name you prefer.

On 5/6/2021 at 11:42 AM, mengshi said:

Have updated to 0.6.9 and Big Sur 11.3.1.

1. Mouse doesn't work in OpenCanopy anymore...

The mouse still does not work in the picker? What value do you have in the Misc> Boot> PickerAttributes key? With a value of 17 the pointer must work. Try and comment.