Asus Rog Strix B560-A + Intel Core i7 10700F

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I am going to buy this configuration and I would like to know if I can perfectly install the hackintosh with all USB ports working and everything else perfectly.

Asus Rog Strix B560-A motherboard configuration and Intel Core i7 10700F processor, would be accompanied with an AMD 580.

Thank you very much in advance.

I attach the specs link:

https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b560-a-gaming-wifi-model/

Sorry for my english.

Sure my big friend @Hervé know this! :)

Greetings.

Edited by LuisImpreza

On 5/4/2021 at 2:31 AM, MaLd0n said:

use this efi folder

https://tinyurl.com/y7puzwv9

usb remap 11.3+

Does this mean that this motherboard Asus Rog Strix B560-A and Intel Core i7 10700F is valid for all versions? Is very important before buy.

My indecision comes when buying the motherboard, I don't know if I should buy the ASUS Prime Z590-P or the Rog Strix B560-A.

What do you think @Hervé?

Thank you very much!

Edited by LuisImpreza

6 hours ago, Hervé said:

It's a motherboard for 10th gen Comet Lake/11th gen Tiger Lake so you'll always be at the limit of what macOS will ever support since things stopped at Comet Lake before Apple switched to M1.

My last desktop is a 2007 Core2Duo with G33 chipset and Penryn CPU so I've been (a little) out of touch on the desktop front and I'm afraid I would not be able to provide any good advice on these boards.

Then you better recomendation is? ASUS Prime Z590-P or the Rog Strix B560-A?

Thank you very very much!

PD: @MaLd0n recomendation friend¿?

Edited by LuisImpreza

21 hours ago, Hervé said:

It's a motherboard for 10th gen Comet Lake/11th gen Tiger Lake so you'll always be at the limit of what macOS will ever support since things stopped at Comet Lake before Apple switched to M1.

My last desktop is a 2007 Core2Duo with G33 chipset and Penryn CPU so I've been (a little) out of touch on the desktop front and I'm afraid I would not be able to provide any good advice on these boards.

Then you better recomendation is? ASUS Prime Z590-P or the Rog Strix B560-A?

Thank you very very much @Hervé and @MaLd0n

Need know this information before buy today.

A hug!

Edited by LuisImpreza

2 hours ago, Hervé said:

Sorry, understand that I can't give any recommendation on stuff I don't really know, especially if it's for the purpose of buying something behind.

But I know you are very professional and I understand that you will know if it is better a motherboard or the other, is to know which one to buy for better performance and that can work with hackintosh, because fellow Maldon has offered a guide that seems to be that it will be very useful when you have the motherboard. But I would like to know which option you guys would buy knowing how hackintosh works. Thanks a lot mate @Hervé and @MaLd0n

Edited by LuisImpreza