Resolution question, why 1680x1050 doesnt work?

Eiko

3 posts in this topic

I've recently got a new card, x1600pro

So I installed my PC with AMD_1048_TEST1 with ATI1000 kext

No I've already got QE/CI and changeable resolutions, that's really COOL !

But problem is , the native resolution of my 20' monitor 1680*1050 doesnt work, it doesnt appear in the resolution list.

I've also tried to put "Graphics Mode"="1680x1050x32@60" as start-up argument, but this just ruin the display...

The weird thing is I can still I can still change res to 1920*1080@60, though my monitor doesnt work very well under this resolution

Does anybody know how to fix this? I remember I did see somebody said they are running OSX under 1680*1050

And my DVI port also doesnt work, only D-SUB works

Hardware

Gigbyte, x1600pro

Monitor, ViewSonic VA2012w

Latest semthex kernel with natit from AMD_1048_TEST1

My analog VGA monitor didn't show 1920x1200@60Hz, only 75 and 85 (which it doesn't support) so I had to add the resolution manually. The tool I used for this was SwitchResX, which is shareware.

You'll probably want to find out exactly what the resolution values are for your monitor at your desired resolution. Like the equally complicated tools on Windows, this tools wants to know things like front porch, back porch, and specific timings. However, it may have your resolution in it's pre-configured list. The Shareware version only lets you add one of it's pre-configured resolutions but that should be fine since you just want the native one.

Give it a shot.

As far as your DVI not working, I don't know, I have an nVidia card.