Jump to content

No HDMI audio from 6700k/HD530.


9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone, first time post from a first time hackintosher. 
 

I’ve spent the last couple of days chasing my tail whilst I try to get HDMI audio output working on my opencore build.

 

System specs are as follows: Gigabyte Z170m-d3h, 6700k cpu. Opencore 0.6.8. Big Sur 11.3

 

Initially I tried experimenting with the layout-id before realising that this had no bearing on the HDMI audio output. I have since tried setting the hda-gfx device properties for the igpu and hdef keys as well as redefining the connection type from DP to hdmi. So far nothing has worked so I’m hoping that someone on this forum that’s a lot cleverer than me might be able to come to my rescue.

 

Thanks in advance.

You may try to use VoodooHDA as audio driver instead of AppleALC.

Tell me what is mean not working? There is no HDMI audio device or the device present but keep silence?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Slice said:

Tell me what is mean not working? There is no HDMI audio device or the device present but keep silence?


The HDMI output does not even show up in the sound output settings. Thanks I’ll try the VoodooHDA driver.

Edited by Leeber
20 hours ago, guimacdo said:

Hi, did you manage to make it work? I have the same problem.

Sadly no, not yet. I'm going to start again, using Catalina this time just to ensure that this isn't specifically a Big Sur issue.

On 4/30/2021 at 12:15 AM, Leeber said:


The HDMI output does not even show up in the sound output settings. Thanks I’ll try the VoodooHDA driver.

Снимок экрана 2021-05-01 в 18.28.45.png

Ok, quick update. I installed Catalina, same deal, no HDMI output when using AppleALC kext. So I dropped VoodooHDA into the kext folder, enabled it in the config.plist, disabled AppleALC, rebooted and voila! HDMI audio in all it’s glory!

 

Sadly, when I upgraded to Big Sur it disappeared from the sound control panel again, along with all of the other outputs.

 

Incidentally, the screenshot that you posted Slice, where is that from? It doesn’t look like the audio output control panel in settings.

20 hours ago, Leeber said:

Ok, quick update. I installed Catalina, same deal, no HDMI output when using AppleALC kext. So I dropped VoodooHDA into the kext folder, enabled it in the config.plist, disabled AppleALC, rebooted and voila! HDMI audio in all it’s glory!

 

Sadly, when I upgraded to Big Sur it disappeared from the sound control panel again, along with all of the other outputs.

 

Incidentally, the screenshot that you posted Slice, where is that from? It doesn’t look like the audio output control panel in settings.

It is VoodooHDA.prefPane

Ok, I’m still struggling with this. I would post in the relevant topics but as I’m a new user I can only use this forum for now.

 

Having consulted the thread related to VoodooHDA I set about trying to get it to work in Big Sur. I’m guessing that your instructions for setting sip to restricted mode and loading the kext into the library/extensions folder were for Clover installations as they didn’t make very much sense to me. I was able to get it to load by completely disabling sip in recovery mode and then using kept-droplet to move it into the LE folder. However on rebooting it seems that sip has re-enabled itself and the kext is no longer loaded. Trying this process a second time, I was unsuccessful.

 

I’m now wondering if there’s a way to get AppleAlc to correctly enable the HDMI audio output. Any help would be much appreciated folks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...