Osx doesn't boot on SuperDuper! backup

freakermonguer

6 posts in this topic

I'm going to update from Catalina to BigSur. I made a SuperDuper! bootable backup of my drive. 

When I try to boot from this recovery with OpenCore, the booting process shuts down the computer. The verbose boot shows this information that - at least for me - doesn't tell the possible cause of the crash.

This never happened before. SuperDuper! copies worked like a charm....

IMG_20210425_213303.jpeg

IMG_20210425_213454.jpeg

Thanks!!!!!

But I'm booting from a Catalina backup not a Big Sur one...

will try then with Carbon Copy Cloner anyway to see if it works....

I've read somewhere that it might be because some hidden partitions are not being copied (the "failed to mount vm" error it's maybe the reason it crashes booting)

that's what puzzles me. There has to be some problem in the clone it has created, but this never happened to me before with other OSX versions. 

And I've done the backup 2 times with the same result.

I was thinking on reformatting the SSD unit again from scratch and start over, but I will try to do a CCC to see if it works with it...

1 hour ago, freakermonguer said:

that's what puzzles me. There has to be some problem in the clone it has created, but this never happened to me before with other OSX versions. 

And I've done the backup 2 times with the same result.

I was thinking on reformatting the SSD unit again from scratch and start over, but I will try to do a CCC to see if it works with it...

As I said: SuperDuper doesn't work on BS, CCC works on Big Sur. SuperDuper works on Catalina.

Edited by miliuco