Booting Opencore ends with "Unsupported PCH" and "gIOScreenlockstate"

Philipp_Dahobo

36 posts in this topic

Working 4K Support! :thumbsup_anim:

(but only via Level Shifter (LS), see WhatEverGreen IntelHD: LSPCON driver support to enable DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 output on IGPU)!

BIG thank you, Hervé! Without your input I would have given up already...

Summary of the config:

• Based on the 0x3EA50009 (recommended by Dortania's OpenCore Install Guide for Laptop UHD 630)
  • Add additional 4th port (framebuffer-con3), as con1 and con2 seem to work on the same pipe (con1 is used when HDMI monitor is connected via the USB-C / Thunderbolt dock, N/A about con2)
  • HDMI 2.0 port in Level Shifter (LS) mode (more details: WhatEverGreen > Intel HD > LSPCON )
  • Somehow I need to explicitly set dpcd-max-link-rate to 0x14, though "Starting from v1.4.4, it [enable-dpcd-max-link-rate-fix] probes the maximum link rate value automatically if the property dpcd-max-link-rate is not specified, and it now supports Ice Lake platforms."

Working 4K monitor on real HDMI 2.0 port and on HDMI 2.0 port of Lenovo USB-C dock + both are hot-pluggable

As I only have a "simple" 4K monitor I can not verify anything beyond 4K@60Hz - With this I now have a quite fully working Lenovo P15v :)

My attached config is still with verbose and DEBUG.

TODO:

• Fn keys
  • Battery
  • Optimizing Power Management
  • Cosmetics

Update:

Cleanup the section leaving only required entries:

image.png.3acc6e1eaff0815841add13d618bb978.png

config.plist

Edited by vadammt
Cleanup framebuffers
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2021 at 5:29 PM, vadammt said:

I successfully installed and have a quite fully working Hackintosh - except I cant geht HDMI to work. Neither via fallback to HDMI 1.4 nor via LSPCON (but maybe I made a mistake there). At least all dispalys are connected wo iGPU (verified in Windows).

I am still nowhere, and I use the exact same Laptop that you use too....

Could you by any chance share your EFI folder?

I'd be very happy for that.

4 hours ago, Hervé said:

Why don't you post your own EFI folder? What do you mean by "still nowhere"? Your signature appears to suggest you run Catalina 10.15... Please be specifics about the issues you encounter.

I already posted my folder, I am still using the same one, only with a few additions I just copied from Vadammt's config.plist, which brought me graphics acceleration but no support for my 4K internal screen, which is only recognized as 1080 FHD... Well however. I really got to the limit with the time I spent on troubleshooting days after days, so I will leave this. Would be nice, if Vadammt could share his EFI folder (not only the config.plist), as this would help many people with the same laptop visiting this thread.

Aha I see. Well, I would be grateful for your EFi anyway. I am currently also trying to find the SmartTouchpad kext for fixing the Touchpad. 

I want to ask you:

Do you have a UI-scaling option for anything above 1920x1080? The "smallest" setting I have starts with 1080 (200% scaling), which kind of steels aways too much workspace for me... Trying to fix that with this with no success yet: https://github.com/xzhih/one-key-hidpi

Does your screen also get washed out when you enable the High Dynamic Range setting (in system preferences)?

• 2 months later...

Thanks to @vadammt! With his EFI folder, I managed to get everything working fine.

But one thing seems very odd: The GPU performance is very poor. 

Very simple GUI movements already max out the iGPU (UHD 630) and lag. Even when sliding pages in the launchpad, I experience lagging.

Strange enough, there are Mac minis with an UHD 630 and they manage 4K resolution perfectly fine of course.

In my case, when I use an external FHD 1080 monitor instead of my built-in 4k, the graphical performance is fine and the GPU usage in activity monitor is normal, about 5%. But as soon as I use the native 4K resolution of my screen (same with scaled 4K), the graphical performance gets really really bad, lagging everywhere.

How can this be? Windows also uses only the UHD 630 and of course it runs fine, without lagging.

And btw: I have an older Thinkpad with 5th generation iGPU and it even manages FHD just as fine as this new one with comet lake graphics manages FHD. Strange. Maybe is Catalina not able to use the Comet Lake UHD 630 efficiently?

The GPU memory is fine, 1536 MB is displayed.

7 hours ago, Philipp_Dahobo said:

Thanks to @vadammt! With his EFI folder, I managed to get everything working fine.

Very simple GUI movements already max out the iGPU (UHD 630) and lag. Even when sliding pages in the launchpad, I experience lagging.

Strange enough, there are Mac minis with an UHD 630 and they manage 4K resolution perfectly fine of course.

In my case, when I use an external FHD 1080 monitor instead of my built-in 4k, the graphical performance is fine and the GPU usage in activity monitor is normal, about 5%. But as soon as I use the native 4K resolution of my screen (same with scaled 4K), the graphical performance gets really really bad, lagging everywhere.

How can this be? Windows also uses only the UHD 630 and of course it runs fine, without lagging.

And btw: I have an older Thinkpad with 5th generation iGPU and it even manages FHD just as fine as this new one with comet lake graphics manages FHD. Strange. Maybe is Catalina not able to use the Comet Lake UHD 630 efficiently?

Seems like MBP 16 users are confronted with the same issues:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251527189

Found nothing on the forums about this. But it seems like the UHD630 has some problems with handling the whole system on its own, without dGPU.

And interestingly, this man also experiences much better performance even on 4k with older machines than with his MBP 16 on just 3K. Can't get any more strange....

• 6 months later...
On 8/2/2021 at 7:27 PM, Philipp_Dahobo said:

where is efi folder?  pls upload to github or google driver .

thank you

• 2 weeks later...

@vadammt

I have read the whole thread and saw that you managed to make UHD 630 iGPU with an Intel Core i7-10750H CPU work with macOS. I have a Lenovo ThinkBook 15p with the same CPU and iGPU. It also has NVIDIA dGPU, but it is disabled as it can't be used with macOS. Here is a link to complete laptop specs:

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_thinkbook_15p_gen2_userguide_en.pdf?linkTrack=PSP:ProductInfo:UserGuide

I tried the video configuration from your post, but it doesn't work with my laptop - I get no video on my internal display. I know it boots, as I can login in and by pressing vol+/- I can hear sound and I can also do a clean shut down with keyboard shortcut. Will you be able to help me? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards.

• 2 months later...