Black Screen in Picker GUI, Can't boot anymore

Professor

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have OpenCore 0.6.8. installed on an SSD. I was able to boot perfectly from that SSD. Until I changed the picker in config.plist. I made a typo in config.plist and on reboot there was an error. OpenCore stopped booting into the picker, I only get a black screen.

I thought, no problem, because I have OpenCore installed on 3 other SSDs. So I tried to restart from another SSD, but this also didn't help. Even restarting from another OpenCore installation that has not been modified, I get only a black screen.

I can't boot into OSX right now, because of this problem. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, Professor said:

Hello,

I have OpenCore 0.6.8. installed on an SSD. I was able to boot perfectly from that SSD. Until I changed the picker in config.plist. I made a typo in config.plist and on reboot there was an error. OpenCore stopped booting into the picker, I only get a black screen.

I thought, no problem, because I have OpenCore installed on 3 other SSDs. So I tried to restart from another SSD, but this also didn't help. Even restarting from another OpenCore installation that has not been modified, I get only a black screen.

I can't boot into OSX right now, because of this problem. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

You have to try cleaning NVRAM to see if this way you can boot your previous OpenCore. Since you cannot clean it from OpenCore menu, do it from BIOS with one of these options:

• Load the default CMOS value from BIOS
  • Remove battery from the motherboard for at least 30 ".

Tell me if it works.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the advice, it brought me into the right direction. It didn't help directly, because clearing CMOS and removing battery was not enough, I needed to fully flash the BIOS with an original version. Only then I was able to boot again into OpenCore.

Hope that helps people who run into the same problem.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Professor said:

Thank you very much for the advice, it brought me into the right direction. It didn't help directly, because clearing CMOS and removing battery was not enough, I needed to fully flash the BIOS with an original version. Only then I was able to boot again into OpenCore.

Hope that helps people who run into the same problem.

Strange! But at least your problem has been fixed.