OpenCore: Hide disk/partitions during boot picker

lottenow

8 posts in this topic

Hi All,

As per title I am looking for a way to hide partitions or disks during boot picker on OpenCore.

Essentially, I would like to hide NTFS volumes during boot picker and only use them through Finder once logged in into my hackintosh on Big Sur.

I believe I should look at ScanPolicy, but I was wondering what the right value would be?

Thank you!

17 minutes ago, lottenow said:

I believe I should look at ScanPolicy, but I was wondering what the right value would be?

Hi - I believe if you leave the default value in the config.plist, it will only show the BS volume at the Boot Menu. So the setting would be Security/ScanPolicy/Number 17760515 (see example attached)

Spoiler

531373222_Screenshot2021-03-28at23_56_05.thumb.png.08fa3871fd372f491d3a8d6a21d6f085.png

7 hours ago, lottenow said:

Hi All,

As per title I am looking for a way to hide partitions or disks during boot picker on OpenCore.

Essentially, I would like to hide NTFS volumes during boot picker and only use them through Finder once logged in into my hackintosh on Big Sur.

Thank you!

See here: ScanPolicy: choose device types and operating systems to be scanned by OpenCore

11 hours ago, lottenow said:

Hi All,

Thank you!

You can boot directly into BS without seeing anything, uncheck - show picker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB7zS4A_1X4

Thank you all for your suggestions!

@eSaF : The failsafe value seems to have done the trick. Do you think this will affect the boot picker when updating the system? Normally a "macOS Update" or "macOS Installer" option shows up on Boot Picker.

1 hour ago, lottenow said:

Thank you all for your suggestions!

@eSaF : The failsafe value seems to have done the trick. Do you think this will affect the boot picker when updating the system? Normally a "macOS Update" or "macOS Installer" option shows up on Boot Picker.

Not at all, the installer volume should show up at the Boot Menu and disappear once the install is successful, at least that is my understanding.

4 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Not at all, the installer volume should show up at the Boot Menu and disappear once the install is successful, at least that is my understanding.

Yes, I think so.

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2021 at 11:52 PM, eSaF said:

On 3/29/2021 at 11:57 PM, miliuco said:

Yes, I think so.

Thank you so much for your help! Will report back if any issues arise in the future! Problem solved!

• Like 1