Vga card change in Big Sur Hackintosh

MarkRed58

7 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Hervé said:

Not really; but difficult to say more until you give details of what you change and for what...

NB: to avoid all possible confusion, it's better to talk about graphics cards rather than "vga card", VGA being an analog video/display output port.

Thanks for replay :)

My problem is: I have RX550, ufortunatelly not implemented, yet, and HD7770. My first installation was with RX550.......was a real BOOM, very quickly installation but with 7vram avaible and no one video works, same as game like Diablo 3 (Impossible to inizialize..etc.etc.). Ok, new installation with HD7770 - native supported - (I'm waiting RX 5500 XT, not avaible in any store, yet :( ). The sistem works and it was well recognized but the boot is very hard, too slow and the apple logo, in the bootstrap, doesn't appear. In every rebooting, I have to wait too time to see the desktop :(

Thanks again :)

Edited by MarkRed58

53 minutes ago, Slice said:

I see no reason for such behavior with HD7770. It must works fine. See for other mistakes.

Yes, there must be some other settings to adjust in config.plist but, unfortunatelly, I'm trying several tricks like Verde.kext but doesn't boot, maybe too old :( I've inserted, in NVRAM->Add->boot-args->  radpg=15 -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=1 too, but the system is always slow and doesn't show the logo of the apple being loaded.

Thanks for reply :)

Finally, my graphic card was recognized perfectly by Big Sur! Now, I've Radeon Polaris 4Gb., changing some directive in device proprierties, taken from the gfxutil -f display utility, and add correct GPU installed and .............voità.....problem resolved!

To verify graphic acceleration, I've launched Diablo 3......GREAT!!!! FULLY FUNCTIONAL! :)

Thanks to all!

Edited by MarkRed58