Asus H97 + i5-4690 CPU - back to hackintosh world

Hunty

5 posts in this topic

Hi

After many years with my windows10 + old high sierra partition that I use only for final cut pro x and adobe lightroom+photoshop, thanks to the new 1tb ssd, I want to fresh install the osx partition.

Yesterday I've check the kext folder in EFI partition and is empty and using clover configurator it seems that is not configured at all (i've attached the folder) but despite of this the system is 100% working.

I've tried to edit the config.plist file to hide a lot of partition from the boot menu and disabling the scan option, but after that I wasn't able to boot windows or osx, so using clover shell I've edit back the config.plist to enable scan option and deleting the hide section.

Could you please help to proper install Catalina in my pc? Which bootloader do you suggest, clover or opencore?

CLOVER.zip

Edited by Hervé
Removed link/reference to forbidden place

Hi Hervé,

thanks for answering me.

My pc is very simple, CPU, Motherboard, Ram, integrated HD4600 sound (ALC887) and Lan, ssd and hd.

No Wireless card, card reader or anything else

I've attached the log from point 1 and 2.

My kexts were in /L/E

In /S/L/E there is VoodooPS2Controller.kext (I've an old keyboard)

Archive.zip kext.zip

Can you explain me the point 1) or a link to a guide?

Anyway I prefer to make a clean installation of Catalina in my new ssd

Thanks

Edit: It is important to me to enable Intel quick sync

Edited by Hunty

I had to manually move my hd and old ssd from sata 5 - 6 to others sata port due to limitation of the motherboard (shared bus between sata5-6 and nvme) but now I can only boot directly to windows, Clover is not showing and I cant boot to high sierra to create the usb bootable with cortana :(

another thing: I've tried to copy my old ssd to the new one with clonezilla (using parted magic 2018) but it wasn't able to copy the efi partition. Which software do you suggest? and after that, which software to expand the mac partition?

Thanks

edit: i've tried also with acronis true image but it fails

Edited by Hunty