ESXi 7.0b - UHD630 Passthrough - i7-9700 - KP in NullCPUPowerManagement

madman

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I would like to move from my Hack to an ESXi 7.0b Server. Therefore I patched ESXi and installed Catalina and it works stable. I can boot up Catalina and I can use it with the installed VMware drivers. 

The only thing is the Graphic, it is slow. It used a VMware driver with 128 MB. Therefore I would like to passthrough my UHD630 iGPU, which works quite nice in Windows 10. So passthrough works. 

I installed Clover 5101 and used Lilu, WhateverGreen, NullCPUPowerManagement and Virtual SMC. If I boot without the PCI device UHD630 everything works, I can see MacMini 8,1 profile and the SN etc. So Clover works.

As soon as I add the UHD630, a KP occurs during boot. Please see attached Screenshots. It is NullCPUPowerManagement and I tried a lot of things, but the error message never changes. 

Any ideas?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by madman

• 2 years later...

Hi,

what happens, if you do not install Clover 5101, Lilu, WhateverGreen, NullCPUPowerManagement and Virtual SMC?

Do you also get a KP or does osx simply not see the igpu?

I am successfully using igpu passthrough under VMWare 8.0 and macOS Mojave. Plain install with only VMWare Tools.

Iris plus graphics 655.