10.13.6 + opencore 0.6.5 Pre-Install Stuck on AmiShimTimerBoostExit

sMaX

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm trying to get this old machine up to high sierra so I can then try and make a Catalina install for a new machine..

I've tried to make the EFI from scratch with the opencore install guide.... I've come across a couple of things of which I'm not to sure what to do...

It starts loading after the selection/picking screen but never get 's to the installer screen.

I've added the full dump from opencore. These are the last lines:

5:452 00:171 OCAK: 64-bit AppleIoMapper replace count - 1

35:561 00:108 OCAK: Patch success com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily AppleIoMapper

35:680 00:119 OC: Prelinked status - Success

35:871 00:191 OCSMC: SmcReadValue Key 4D535463 Size 1

35:979 00:108 OCSMC: SmcReadValue Key 4D534163 Size 2

36:088 00:108 AmiShimTimerBoostExit changed current period to 100000

I'm guessing it's Geforce related. I've always chosen the web drivers option throughout the install guide, but maybe that was a mistake..

I've tried toggling SetupVirtualMap yes/no but no difference.

Anyone with more experience and knowledge have a clue or wants to have a look at my configplist?

Greets

opencore-2021-01-25-154402.txt config.plist

Ok thanks so much!

Like I was afraid of...:rofl:

Can I ask for a couple more pointers?  I'm afraid I've made a couple more beginnersmistakes....

LIke the boot args for example:

-v keepsyms=1 nvda_drv_vrl=1  

And for :

Misc/security/Securebootmodel I've also put disabled for nvidia webdrivers ....

Hi again,

So I also added debug=0x100 in boot args (don't know why I didn't initially)

And it showed me more info: panic cpu0 caller NO HPETs available cpu configured incorrectly

This panic I found in the opencore guide
https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/troubleshooting/extended/kernel-issues.html#kernel-panic-appleintelmcereporter

This is likely due to faulty or outright missing NullCPUPowerManagement. To fix the issue, remove NullCPUPowerManagement from Kernel -> Add and EFI/OC/Kexts then enable DummyPowerManagement under Kernel -> Emulate

• Note: On older Intel CPUs(ie. Penryn and older), it may be due to IRQ conflicts or the HPET device being disabled. To resolve, you have 2 options:

Forcing the HPET Device on is what I did since it 's quicker:

Now I get to the install screen and can install but it stops at 2 minutes remaining with: an error occured while preparing the installation.. try again. (Before reboot)

For this case I don't find anything in the guide..

The last lines in verbose before the gui pops up did still mention CPU unsupported (or something like that)...but no panic.

I'm a little stuck again to fix this,

This is likely due to faulty or outright missing NullCPUPowerManagement. To fix the issue, remove NullCPUPowerManagement from Kernel -> Add and EFI/OC/Kexts then enable DummyPowerManagement under Kernel -> Emulate

• Note: On older Intel CPUs(ie. Penryn and older), it may be due to IRQ conflicts or the HPET device being disabled. To resolve, you have 2 options:
  •  

So i'm trying SSDTTime's FixHPET Option:

• Dump DSDT(the one SSDTTime did for use will work) ----did this with sysreport quirck, because ubuntu nor windows 10 want to load/install... no idea why even those don't work, mind you the same machine is running 10.10.2...
  • Decompile DSDT
  • Make SSDTs based off of it(You'll need either MaciASL or a text editor for this)
  • Compile SSDTs

...But then what?

Ok,

I did the fixHPET via windows and the SSDTTIme tool...

But now it fails with:

Target is not convertible to APFS:  You may not install to this volume because it can not be converted to APFS