DSDT or not

16jvl

3 posts in this topic

I am new to forum and am looking for advice on updating my Hackintosh.

Has been running on clover with Mojave for last two years and now interested in updating to Big Sur on next full release.

My Opencore computer is as follows

Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7-Op motherboard It had Optane memory when purchased but it has been removed.

Intel i7-8700k CPU

Sapphire RX580 - 8GB Graphics card

WIFi BT via PCIEx1 card BCM943602CS

Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB Boot Drive

5 various SATA drives

32GB Corsair Memory 2 x 16

Currently the graphics card is in PCIE x 16 slot. I have ordered a Vertical adaptor to allow me to move it for more space above M2 slot M2A_32G, where I would like to install new WD Sn750 drive for Big Sur.

My current Boot Drive is in this position and intend to move it to M2P_32g .

My Wi?fi BT card is in PCIEEX1_3 slot This blocks SATA3 1 so will move it to one of the other PCIEXx1 slots which do not interfere with SATA.

I am currently using F14 Bios Firmware without the facility of CFG-Lock. I have obtained a Custom F14 from Gigabyte with cfg-Lock. I presume this is the same as the Standard F14 but with this extra facility. I have yet to update the bios with this cfg-lock version. Any advice welcome.

Currently Kernel Quirks  for AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock are both set to True. Does having the BIOS CFG-Lock make a large difference.

Another issue I had was Invalid Frame Pointer Kernal Panic. This happened initially on BIOS F1 and also F14, So I have to set the following as

EnableWriteUnprotector -> True

RebuildappleMemoryMap -> False

SyncRuntimePermissions -> False

I have seen there is an advantage to use a Custom DSDT.

I am not sure how many of these will effect the DSDT and wether having a Custom DSDT will improve anything.

Sorry for such a long post.

Any help would be appreciated

Edited by 16jvl