Windows installer wont see the NVE drive on a dual boot config.

Muaitai

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am trying to install Windows 10 Pro on the second Nvme drive on my Hackintosh but the installer won't even see the drive, how can I fix it?

I have two Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB on a Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master mobo.

TIA.

IMG_0051.jpeg

You need to install windows FIRST. as Window installer will not make it own EFIpartition.

with Mac installed first. 

take out your Mac install. nvm drive than install windows then put the Mac drive back in you should then see the drive in the boot screen

• Like 1

Thank you so much.

I will give it a try but later this week, I have so many things to do that in order to open the case and remove the drive I will wait until Saturday.

8 minutes ago, Muaitai said:

Thank you so much.

I will give it a try but later this week, I have so many things to do that in order to open the case and remove the drive I will wait until Saturday.

I do know what you mean. to take out mine. id have to drain a custom loop

BALDY_MAN, I removed all drives and left only the Samsung 970 EVO Plus, the firmware is updated on the drive and the BIOS sees it but doesn't matter what I do the windows installer won't see it.

I was finally able to install Windows 10 on my Nvme drive, the problem was that the installer created using the balenaEtcher was no good, I used Rufus to create a new USB installer for Windows and set the partition on Rufus to GPT and was able to install Windows 10, now I have dual boot.

hqdefault.jpg.e3527a714967dcbc2190957681b1388c.jpg

Edited by Muaitai

1 hour ago, Muaitai said:

I was finally able to install Windows 10 on my Nvme drive, the problem was that the installer created using the balenaEtcher was no good, I used Rufus to create a new USB installer for Windows and set the partition on Rufus to GPT and was able to install Windows 10, now I have dual boot.

hqdefault.jpg.e3527a714967dcbc2190957681b1388c.jpg

YES you need a GPT. Partition.  but what I have found happen more than once. is that windows installer sees the EFIpartion on the Mac drive. and will not create. its own Efi partition. so you don't see the window drive because noe EFI partition

• Like 1