AppleALC ALC289 on ice lake Dell 7390 2 in 1 i7-1065G7 with patch from @fewtarius works

Jestera1

5 posts in this topic

I had posted a couple of times in the main APPLEALC thread, but with the changes to the forum I can't post back in that forum.

I have been trying to add AppleALC audio for ALC289 in a Dell 7390 2 in 1, i7-1065G7. There are layouts 11 and 23 in AppleALC already for ALC289 but 23 didn't work at all and layout 11 looked like the microphone was only working but without any audio feedback.

I worked through the instructions:

create a codec.txt file

create visual coded map

create adjusted verbs block

add verbs block to info.plist inside PinConfigs.kext

modify layout.xml

modify platform.xml

build AppleALC using xcode

but no matter what I changed I couldn't get sound to work.

@fewtarius posted on the main forum about a patch he has been working on for another user with an Ice Lake laptop:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/311293-applealc-—-dynamic-applehda-patching/?do=findComment&comment=2740686

I have applied the patch and audio and microphone are working.

Thanks alot @fewtarius for looking at the main thread and adding in your patch details, you're a star!

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Hey Jestera1. I have an Ice Lake laptop (Conexant 8400) and even with the AppleALC 1.6.6 release still no microphone.

Found this patch from https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/pull/615/files, witch looks the same or similar from fewtarius one.

Could you explain how to apply the patch? Is it applied to AppleALC? My bootloader is OC.

Thanks

6 hours ago, biscate said:

Hey Jestera1. I have an Ice Lake laptop (Conexant 8400) and even with the AppleALC 1.6.6 release still no microphone.

Found this patch from https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/pull/615/files, witch looks the same or similar from fewtarius one.

Could you explain how to apply the patch? Is it applied to AppleALC? My bootloader is OC.

Thanks

I doubt that the author will read your post after one year of silence.

1 hour ago, Slice said:

I doubt that the author will read your post after one year of silence.

😅😅😅 Hey, Slice. Thanks for the advice.

This was the only topic I found that could get some help for a nub question.

I guess at some time AppleALC will handle the Intel Smart Sound Technology issue on Ice Lake notebooks.

By the way, I'm very happy my Conexant audio now works pretty well with AppleALC excepting the mic.