Random reboots after running other OS's

4 posts in this topic

My high Sierra has been running fine for years. It's on open core now. But, and this has happened for like 6 years on hackintosh, when I run another mac OS on other partitions (apfs) the nice and stable High Sierra starts randomly rebooting and crashing my software.

The only thing I can think of is it weirds out the cache but it starts crashing all my OS's. Is there a simple way to stop this from happening? Apart from not experimenting lol.

HS works for me because of the slightly outdated CAD software I use for work.

hi @surfinchina

I think so few users are using High Sierra by now (with modern rig and powerful one)and I think this OS has lost a bit of real support by boot loaders developers

My rig is a bit more complicated but I have many problems using High Sierra (instant reboot after doing simple operation in photoshop or a simple render in cinema 4d)

No problems instead with newer OSX

I have solved my problem in High Sierra in a simple way
I have disabled some cores (CCD on my AMD) and now system is perfect as it is with newer OS and all cores
Not useful for you..but I think HighSierra is not anymore a main task for devs :)

Edited by Guest

11 hours ago, fabiosun said:

hi @surfinchina

I think so few users are using High Sierra by now (with modern rig and powerful one)and I think this OS has lost a bit of real support by boot loaders developers

My rig is a bit more complicated but I have many problems using High Sierra (instant reboot after doing simple operation in photoshop or a simple render in cinema 4d)

I have disabled some cores (CCD on my AMD) and now system is perfect as it is with newer OS and all cores
Not useful for you..but I think HighSierra is not anymore a main task for devs :)

Thanks fabio :)

It's just my CAD software doesn't like the metal introduced in Mojave I think, the dialogue boxes all get infinitely wide and make it unusable. I could update that software but then that stops me using a few plugins I love dearly lol.

I could use it on windows but that's terrible and anyway, I foolishly cleared nvram and borked my windows install.

I'll fumble through fixing it somehow...

On 10/7/2020 at 9:14 PM, fabiosun said:

hi @surfinchina

Just for your info and a good reminder, it turned out to be the overclock lol. I went back to default settings and now it's good. Always pays to check the hardware!