Gigabyte Z390 Master

48GB Ram

2 PCI NVME 1TB and 2TB

3 1TB SSDs

Radeon 580 8GB

Intel 8700K

WiFi Broadcom BCM43xx

Working:

All except internal WiFi. Used the Broadcom BCM43xx card instead.

Problems installing:

Would get stuck on the installation process due to a USB hub connected. Took 2 weeks to realize that was the problem. Just unplug it and the Install process went perfect.

REMEMBER, use debug options when installing so u can see where u r and if anything stuck. The last part of the Install is a process now called SEALING the system volume and it takes FOREVER (relative to our previous experiences in Catalina etc). I have a NVME SSD which is VERY fast but it still took about 15 minutes to finish the installation. It seems to be stopped at a FORCING CS_RUNTIME but it really is sealing the volume. read this.

I got the ssdt by booting into linux and getting the SSDT from this Youtube video. They are included in the EFI. This EFI does not have the Mac boot sound/images due to size but its as simple as adding the audio/image section in the EFI resource folder. Look at opencore documentation.

Good luck

EFI.zip

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RSN said:

Gigabyte Z390 Master

48GB Ram

2 PCI NVME 1TB and 2TB

3 1TB SSDs

Radeon 580 8GB

Intel 8700K

WiFi Broadcom BCM43xx

Working:

All except internal WiFi. Used the Broadcom BCM43xx card instead.

Problems installing:

Would get stuck on the installation process due to a USB hub connected. Took 2 weeks to realize that was the problem. Just unplug it and the Install process went perfect.

REMEMBER, use debug options when installing so u can see where u r and if anything stuck. The last part of the Install is a process now called SEALING the system volume and it takes FOREVER (relative to our previous experiences in Catalina etc). I have a NVME SSD which is VERY fast but it still took about 15 minutes to finish the installation. It seems to be stopped at a FORCING CS_RUNTIME but it really is sealing the volume. read this.

I got the ssdt by booting into linux and getting the SSDT from this Youtube video. They are included in the EFI. This EFI does not have the Mac boot sound/images due to size but its as simple as adding the audio/image section in the EFI resource folder. Look at opencore documentation.

Good luck

EFI.zip

Are you really running successfully with so many Ethernet kexts in your kext folder? You have Atheros E2200, IntelMausi, LucyRTL 8125 and RealtekRTL 8111. Wouldn't it be more prudent to find out exactly which one of these kexts your board needs and delete the unnecessary ones. You reported on the install the Sealing of the BS volume took 15 minutes, I can faithfully report that on my system with each BS Beta install/update the Sealing of the volume took 2 minutes maximum. I would hazard a guess the reason it took so long on your system, you have too much unnecessary clutter.

Thanks. I believe that most kexts are NOT ENABLED, still I should clean it (Virtual, Lilu, Whatever, IntelMausi and ApplALC  should be used). 

I did a fresh install and took very long (maybe less than 15 minutes but not 2 minutes). Later I did a Software Update to a newer Beta versions and that took about 2 minutes.

Have u tried to create an Image fo the BigSur and restore it? I used a second drive with BS and create successfully as Image of the other BS. But when I tried to restore it with asr it complained that the “seal is broken” and quit.

RSN