Dual Monitor issue - no work without Inject EDID

10 posts in this topic

Everything in the Hackintosh works perfectly, even the iMessage, air drop, hands off. The only challenge is the dual monitor. 

2 monitor attached,

Samsung U28D590 (SwithchResX4 - L28S590 (2) set to 2560 x 1440, maximum Nvidia Quadro Capability ) Display & LG 25UM58 (SwithchResX4 - L28S590 (1) - set to 1920x1080 - need help to increase the display resolution to 2560x1080)

Initially I could not get any thing out on the LG monitor. Went thorugh multiple forums.  

Tried SwitchResX, Enabled / Disabled windows 8 option in Bios OSM, changed SMBIOS,  nothing worked.

The only thing that worked for me was the Inject EDID in clover. ANot the perfect solution though as I cannot get the desired resolution of 2560x1080 for the LG monitor. My system is not recognizing my LG monitor. The only monitor recognized is the Samsung.

Can any one help, all the details in the attached pdf file.

System Details.pdf

config.plist

• Hervé changed the title to Dual Monitor issue - no work without Inject EDID

@vamose it appears your LG display is connected to your FX1800's DVI port therefore output resolution depends on the DVI cable you use because:

• single link DVI supports resolution up to 1920x1200
  • dual link DVI supports resolution up to 2560x1600

Basically, you need a DVI-I or DVI-D dual link cable so check what you got.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

Now, nothing wrong with using "Inject EDID" if that's what's required... You could even try and set "Dual Link" too, though I doubt it'll change anything. To me your issue is cable related.

Maybe you ought to switch to the 2nd DP port of your FX1800 or use a dual link DVI-to-HDMI adapter depending on whatever digital input your LG display offers.

Looks more like a DVI-I dual link but that's Ok.

It's EDID (for Extended Display Identification Data), not EEID. And, no, both monitors do not and cannot have the same EDID data. I think you've not fully grasped what EDID was. Look it up on the Net, you'll also find procedures detailing how to extract this with various application tools; it's widely available.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_Display_Identification_Data#:~:text=Extended Display Identification Data (EDID,Electronics Standards Association (VESA).

Once you'll have extracted your LG's EDID, you can inject it into your Clover config. I would recommend you conduct your experimentations with only the LG display connected, not the Samsung (since it works properly OOB). Good luck!

Thanks for your response, but I am unable to understand, it seems I need an instance of Linux running to obtain EDID. Is there an MAC app that I can download to obtain EDID. I appreciate your help and request for easy quick fix. 

Also, my monitory goes through a blackout cycle every 2 minutes, auto on off flicker.

Edited by vamose

Thanks for teaching me how to find the EDID. I did obtain it. Can you Kindly assist as to how I can get the full resolution. 

Currently the options are 1366x768 & 1280x7120, required or 2560x1080

Attached is the EDID file, extracted using Monitor Asset Manager, EnTech.

714707040_ScreenShot2020-08-28at6_50_19AM.png.cd243fb85b4d09ab84e1be93e032a8f3.png

1edid.txt

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 7.11.07 AM.png

Edited by vamose