Chinese Motherboards Compatibility And CPUS Xeon E5-2689

punk!

3 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, 

Can anyone help me with Chinese motherboard compatibility and CPUS Xeon E5-2689?

I would like to set up Hackintosh, without spending a lot of money. I did a little research and found this Motherboard Kit With Xeon E5-2689 2.6ghz CPU. 

Could anyone confirm if using this kit I can mount a hacktinsoh to install macOS Mojave?

I accept Hardware recommendations!

Thank you

• 11 months later...
On 8/27/2020 at 4:41 AM, punk! said:

Hi Guys, 

Can anyone help me with Chinese motherboard compatibility and CPUS Xeon E5-2689?

I would like to set up Hackintosh, without spending a lot of money. I did a little research and found this Motherboard Kit With Xeon E5-2689 2.6ghz CPU. 

Could anyone confirm if using this kit I can mount a hacktinsoh to install macOS Mojave?

I accept Hardware recommendations!

Thank you

Yes, it is possible.

https://www.applelife.ru/threads/huanan-x79-i-podobnoe-zhelezo.1947010/

Use google translate to read Russian.

I have to recommend you video card Nvidia GT710 as cheapest compatible or AMD RX570 as very good supported and not very expensive.

Good luck with that!

It might be possible, but quircky, and I would not trust the listing on AliExpress for the actual specifications. For instance, the motherboard size is listed as "CEB" but the picture shows a rather small board with 2 PCIe slots dominated by the LGA2011 socket; it rather looks like Flex-ATX to me (uncommon even in server boards, but fits in any micro-ATX-compatibel case). You may have to install Window or Linux first to discover what hardware components are actually on the board.