Surface Pro 4 Sleep Issues - "ACPI: sleep states S4 S5"

frickingphil

1 post in this topic

Hi all,

My hardware is a Surface Pro 4 (i5-6300U) running 10.15.5 booting off OpenCore 0.6.0.

My starting point for this hackintosh project was this GitHub but I cleaned up a few things on my own (like USB port mapping and such), but proper sleep has been eluding me. It seemingly works, but after further investigation I noticed it was never actually going to full sleep, only DarkWake...and then I noticed "ACPI: sleep states S4 S5" in the boot log. Cross-referencing my other working hackintosh (and a real MBP) and I noticed that state S3 is missing...so of course the system isn't sleeping.

I found this thread here on InsanelyMac, experimented with replacing 

If (SS3)
    {
        Name (_S3, Package (0x04)
        {
            0x05, 
            Zero, 
            Zero, 
            Zero
        })
    }

with 

Name (_S3, Package (0x04)
{
    0x05, 
    Zero, 
    Zero, 
    Zero
})

While that seemed to have forced S3 to be available to the system, I only got a couple of proper sleep/wake cycles before it started giving me problems again...now, the system goes to sleep cleanly, but upon wake, I'm greeted with the boot screen and startup proceeds normally. As far as I can tell, this isn't a kernel panic, the system just seems to be powering completely off upon cleanly sleeping. 

That's pretty much as far as I've gotten, and now I'm stumped. I've uploaded my OpenCore folder (note that I've reverted the above changes to the DSDT in the folder I'm uploading, as the changes weren't working properly for me)...hopefully you DSDT gurus can help me learn how to properly fix sleep, as everything else works on this thing and I'm loving the hardware.

OCfolder0820.zip