help cant change clover resolution

freddy3k

9 posts in this topic

i have read almost all regarding boot resolutuin posted here and done everything i could or i just missed something its been quit a while since i build again a new rig and so here it goes...

everything works fine except upon booting on clover 5120 my themes and apple logo is stretch done every posible i could think and every edit i also clear the nvram -c just to make sure that my config will apply properly on my themes and config.. i will attach my bootlog here

bootlog.txt

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 8.46.08 AM.JPG

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 8.47.54 AM.JPG

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 8.48.20 AM.JPG

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 8.52.43 AM.JPG

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 8.52.57 AM.JPG

Edited by freddy3k

uncheck VBIOS and EDID injection

checked Inject nVidia

and yes my external monitor runs in 1366x768 and look at my log it says 1366x768 not found if EDID is not injected

i cant attached my EFI folder cause it is 22mb and i can only attach 10mb minimum

bootlog.txt

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 6.30.49 PM.JPG

43 minutes ago, Hervé said:

What output port are you using? VGA? DVI? HDMI?

am using HDMI cause am using TV monitor which only support HDMI and VGA and i know that 10.12.6 only support digital signal so am assuming i can only use the HDMI of my TV monitor

3 hours ago, Hervé said:

Not at all. You can still use GVA output out of an nVidia card but it often requires to inject a specific NVCAP value to support that output.

If you can, try and double check your EDID value by re-extracting it from, say, Windows. At present, it looks as if you're injecting an incorrect value.

the value i got is from windows 7 extracted and the output has multiple result the last one is the one i have tried to inject i dont know why i got so many result 

1.rtf

2.rtf

3.rtf

4.rtf

5.rtf

6 hours ago, Slice said:

"The patch is not ready for desired resolution"

It means Clover can't find appropriate byte sequence to make 1366x768. Sorry!

so what does it mean? does it means vesa cant handle my monitor to display on its native resolution?

16 hours ago, freddy3k said:

so what does it mean? does it means vesa cant handle my monitor to display on its native resolution?

The problem is not in vesa. The problem is in Clover's patching VBIOS method.

33 minutes ago, Slice said:

The problem is not in vesa. The problem is in Clover's patching VBIOS method.

so i need to change my bootloader version? could you advice which version is stable? i have tried 5119 then copy paste my config on it but still same result

ps: i have attached my config can you pleace check this if it is right? ow by the way the EDID i used in this config came from switchresX. i installed this apps just to extract EDID.. TIA

config.plist

Edited by freddy3k