Too many Kexts? Can someone help with necessary ones

JmacUSAF

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I think over time I messed too much with my kexts/other folder and now I have too many.  I had given up trying to get my Bluetooth working even though my wifi from the same card is fine.  Following the thread above, I still cannot get mDell DW1560 bluetooth working.  I attached my EFI.

Thanks for the help.

Intel i7

Gigabyte Aorus Pro

Radeon RX 580

DW1560 

EFI.zip

Yes, you have too many kexts. In the case of the Bcrm's kexts, usually you only need three of them (BcrmBluetoothInjector, BcrmFirmwareData and BcrmPatchRAM3) with the latest OS versions (10.15). You should get rid of the rest of the Bcrm's, including FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi. You should also update your profile (signature) with your hardware specs, macOS version and bootlaoder version, for better support from the members of this forum. I think there is a couple of errors in config.plist (seems like framebuffer patch doesn't apply for you).

Thanks for the heads up, everything should be updated and ready to go.  I was wondering if you might be able to point me in the right direction to learn how to modify kext files.  I was trying to follow the thread on the main post-installation page but I have no clue how to get into the .cpp or .h files after showing the contents of a kext file.  Do you have a page or video that teaches you how to do that?  Thanks!

An experienced dev I am not!  I'm just trying to get my Dell 1560 Bluetooth working.  There is a thread on the post installation section that walks you through it, but I can only do the second half by modifying the list files.  My Bluetooth is recognized anywhere and I'm trying to figure out if its a USB problem, a bcrm problem.  Im at a loss.  Any help would be appreciated.