Configure 100% Asus G74SX perfectly

7 posts in this topic

Hi friends,

I have forever problems to my laptop Asus G74SX,

Many times it gives error in the boot after clover, I think it is because there has to be some incompatibility...

I think I have a configuration problem and I would like you to help me find the perfect configuration for my laptop, I put a list of the components that work and those that do not work.

I also attach the EFI folder so that can assess which unnecessary kext I have and which incorrect settings I have.

I would like to create the definitive SSDT and DSDT so that my computer is perfect, I would be eternally grateful to all of you.

Thank you very much in advance.

I am very new and I lack a lot of experience to understand all this.

The Asus G74SX does work:

Wifi OK
Sound OK
Nvidia OK graphics

Webcam OK

It doesn't work:

USB 3.0
Bluetooth.

External mic.

Brightness slider.

Hotkey
Percentage battery.
Thermal temperature sensors.

EFI Asus G74SX

@Hervé

Edited by LuisImpreza

14 hours ago, Hervé said:

In order to help us identify the various hardware components of your laptop, could you please post:

1. a saved IOReg putput (from IORegistryExplorer app)
  2. a saved SysProfiler info output (from Apple menu->System Information)

Zip both before you attach them.

Also, can you please clarify your CPU specs? Your signature says i7-2690XM which does not exist and the link you've associated with this signature shows 2 x CPU options: i5-2410M or i7-2630QM. On the other hand, the i7-2960XM Extreme Edition does exist. We have to know exactly what you have in order to generate the correct CPU power management SSDT...

Meantime, I made assumptions and tried to work out a basic alternative Clover setup. Try it in place of what you use right now. Simply copy the contents of the zipped Clover folder to your existing Clover folder. Please note it's not fully tuned yet.

CLOVER.zip

I'm sorry, the correct processor is 2920XM, a week ago I changed it and I got confused when I put it in the signature and in the post, previously I had the 2630QM.

Now I'm going to pull the log for you, so I can see all the components of the laptop.

I'll copy the EFI folder right now and let you know what happens.

I really appreciate it.

A hug @Hervé

EDIT:

I've added the .plist file, the kext folder and the ACPI folder, now it's thinking a lot about one point of the operating system load, in the image I've uploaded and then it gets black screen and emits a little unpleasant buzz.

In the second image, it's when I've turned it on for the second time, it stays in that image and I have to force it off after 10 minutes of clock and not advance.

And the third image, is when I pressed the off button once, more data came out.

I don't know what's going on, so you can see it before going to black screen, it mentions the bluetooth module.

Now I can't boot up the Mac operating system.

Thanks @Hervé

Info LuisImpreza.zip

20200627_112407.jpg

20200627_114337.jpg

20200627_114713_compress23.jpg

20200627_114948_compress7.jpg

Edited by LuisImpreza
Upload file

6 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Ok, the CPU power management for i7-2960XM that I created and included in my previous attachment is not suitable then. Here's one for i7-2920XM instead; replace the SSDT files I had included in Clover's ACPI/patched folder.

CPUPM_ssdt_i7-2920XM.zip

Ok @Hervé, I test now!

One minute! :)

Thank you very very much!

EDIT: Nothing, same screen, I think some kext or boot flag is missing, because before it did start, although after several times, but now it doesn't start :(

Edited by LuisImpreza

7 hours ago, Hervé said:

Looking into your IOREg, I can see that:

• Wireless card is an Atheros model based on AR9285 chipset 168c,2b. It could be an AR5B95, AR5B195 or other AzureWave AW-NB037H, AW-NB048H or any other card based on that chip. These do not work OOB and require patching of Atheros40 kext.
  • Bluetooth carries PCI id 0x13d3:0x3304, i.e. it's an Atheros AR3011. These don't work OOB either and require special patching too.
  • Webcam and Card Reader are USB-internal and should work OOB 

Wireless card, works without any problem, I do not understand how it is not compatible if it works perfectly.

The bluetooth, it works when it wants... But it works, it works, so I don't understand what can happen...

The problem now, is that I can't reach the operating system, it stays on the black screen trying to load the operating system...

Probably some kext, boot flag or extra configuration is missing in the plist file.

What could we do @Hervé?

I upload again the EFI folder with all your modifications and with the new extracted clover files (ACPI ORIGIN)

Thanks a lot!

DEFINITIVE EFI

EDIT:

I have solved several problems, bluetooth finally works properly, I have searched the internet and with the Kext utility, I have installed it and it is perfect! :)

The temperature sensors, also works perfect now, I have deactivated several kext that I had in my captain folder in the 10.11 folder, I will keep deleting until I see that I don't need any more.

Of the kext that you have given me, I have had to delete AppleALC because it was the cause of not being able to boot the operating system, I don't understand the reason, but it generates a problem in the boot...

That kext is an audio kext, right? This computer has always worked well with HDA.

I'm putting back the list of what's left to run.

Thank you very much for all the effort.

A big hug @Hervé

The Asus G74SX does work:

Wifi OK

Bluetooth OK
Sound OK
Nvidia OK graphics

Webcam OK

Thermal temperature sensors.

It doesn't work:

USB 3.0

External mic.

Brightness slider.

Hotkey
Percentage battery.

THANKS @Hervé

Edited by LuisImpreza

Hello, friends,

Please, can someone help me?

I'm very sad because I've been trying to set up my laptop perfectly for a long time and it never comes to an end...

They always help me half way and I never get to know what I have to do to make everything work perfectly and without any mistakes...

And now, from 10 times that I turn on the computer, it manages to start system 1 or 2 times at most. :(

Now since the insertion of the SSDT, my computer freezes and I can only turn off by forcing.

I have been able to find the audio, video, wifi and bluetooth kext, so something has already been found, but I am missing the most difficult part, that hackintosh works perfect as it does on my desktop computer, which works perfect...

I beg you help please, I would like someone to check the SSDT and someone to help me to understand which KEXT I need to load and which are the ones I have left over...

Thank you very much, truly, I am sad and desperate... :(

preboot.log.zip

Edited by LuisImpreza

• 2 weeks later...